• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

My last day at my last job was January 4th. My insurance expired January 31st (new job insurance kicks in April 1). I wrote my old job mid-February saying I still hadn't received a letter for COBRA benefits. Today, I FINALLY get a letter, dated March 5th, detailing out the benefits. Really?!? More than 2 months after my last day! On the plus side, its only $1222 a month (less than I thought it would be). Just another reminder I made the right choice. And I'm pretty sure the only reason I even received the COBRA information was because I wrote them reminding them its the law to send me the information within 14 days after my insurance expired.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
layman75
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
That is odd because the insurance company is the one that sends the letters out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM

It depends on who manages the COBRA. In the case of my old company, it was UHC that managed their COBRA until January, when they switched over to Wage Works to manage their COBRA benefits as well as their HSA and FSA accounts. So, I think that made it confusing as well. Its not always the health care company directly though. I tried calling them first! :)

Quoting layman75:

That is odd because the insurance company is the one that sends the letters out.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Glad you got it straightened out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)