Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Work advice any ideas???

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am a self employed insurance agent. I am in a small rural community and it has been very tough get my business up and going (just starting year 2) I started on a 'draw" program but now going to commissions only, which means about a $800-$1000 a month less income that I have to have.

I also manage property (basicly just collect rent) for the man I rent my office insurance space from. That brings in $500 a month after rent and etc. is paid.

Here's where I need ideas... I need to find a service I can provide from my office that will allow me to make up all or some of the income I will be loosing. (I can not take on another property management client unless they are a realtor becausee I do not have a real estate lisence. In my state I don't have to have a lisence if the person I'm working for is a real estate agent which this man is.)

Any ideas??????

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Call center?  Many are work-from-home type jobs, maybe you could do a work-from-work job?

CamieJ
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I have looked into that but.... I haven't found any that are hiring or that replied to my application. Plus I would have to have another phone system put in. I share this office with another Insurance agent and he pays for phones. and please no one say I could sell something like tupperware, etc. i am done in the "Sales" business I want to paid for "doing" something. I preform a tast and get paid not beg people to but stuff and never know how much in  come I will have if any. Sorry I have done it and I will NEVER do it again.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Billing?  I don't know what kind of certifications you would need, but medical (or any industry, really) billing and receiving payments could be a good thing to do.

CamieJ
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm not certified but would like to do something like that but how do you find that opportunity?

virginiamama71
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM

BUMP!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I'm not really sure outside of what others have suggested. If those ideas don't pan out it seems that you have two options (1) cut expenses (2) find a 'regular' salaried/hourly full time position.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShelbysHope76
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Notary Service?? There is always a need for that. How about be a FedEx/UPS drop point??

HotMama330
Happy Holidays, Cafemom friends. I'll see you again in January.
Yesterday at 11:22 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Do you have computer/administrative skills?  If so, you could be a virtual assistant.

Connect with me.

CamieJ
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I have looked into being a notary but was told that every bank around here does it for free if you have an account or just a couple bucks if you dont. So it's not really something you can make any money at.... HOWEVER the drop point for UPS?FEDEX is a WONDERFUL idea!!! That would bring more people in to my office that might need insurance but how do I do that? UPS pays me??

CamieJ
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Called my brother that works for UPS he shot down the idea of being a drop off point for many reasons like extra insurance required and be liable for others belonging etc. BUT he said he works with a girl that does traveling notary services and makes pretty good money. So am checking in to that. I am pretty close to the county court house in my county so that may be an idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN