Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

37 weeks and still working

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so I talked to my bosses 2 weeks ago about cutting my hours/days till I have the baby. They didn't have any problems with that well this week I'm working 5 days and next week 4 days and I'm 37 weeks pregnant. Come to find out after my 4 day work week the are taking me off the schedule cuz they want me to rest before I have the baby which I'm great full for but I don't think it's gonna help me being off work till I have he baby I'm gonna go crazy. But in the other hand I'm sure when I'm off and able to relax that's when I go into labor lol. I think they are scared my water will break when I'm there and I have 2 male managers that may just freak out if I do it while I'm working with them but if it happens when the female managers are there they will be just fine.
Anyway I will be going on leave after next week not happy about it but it was bound to happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I just went out if work this week. I'm only 32.5 weeks but between sciatica and a dangerous work environment my dr wrote me out. It'll be a long wait for baby but I have a 3 year old to keep me busy. Try and get some rest before baby comes
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:32 AM

That's very nice of them to let you take off. I worked until my due date and had no obvious signs of labor until about 10 minutes before I was planning to leave for my dr appointment. Stood up and there went my water! It was my first child, so I was a bit shocked since I thought I'd wet myself. I quickly figured it wasn't that LOL. I was very relieved my male boss had just left and wasn't part of the drama.

All of my coworkers still get a laugh out of that day and everyone feels like they had a part in the delivery of Ian....lthough he didn't come for another 33.5 hours via C-Section.

Get some rest and enjoy your time off.

paytonleximomma
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Well, that is nice of them to give that time off.  When I had DS I worked the day before I had him and was lifting bikes that where probably about 20 lbs or more over my head.  I think that is what sent me into labor 4 weeks early.  But he was born health so I could complain.  I do wish however, my boss at the time would of let me cut down my hrs before having him.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Take advantage of their kidness!

When I was pregnant, my plan was to work up until my due date.  My company though gave us the two weeks prior to our due date on them with pay to take off.  I really wasn't going to take advantage, but our VP, who had just come back from maternity leave encouraged me to do it so that I could rest.  I commute on the subway into work and it was the 4th hottest Summer in NYC and I really thought I'd go stir crazy waiting to go into labor.  I used the time (I ended up going past my due date) doing little things to prepare for DD and just relaxing.  In hindsight, I was incredibly thankful that our VP insisted I take the extra time off.

Swt7
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Just be glad that you're going to be relaxed abit coz you need it really...
Good luck
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I worked until I gave birth. Luckily my labors always began after work. My hours were reduced to 8 hr work days after 28 weeks though.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I went into labor at 36 weeks, and was not on leave yet.  I kind of wish I had that little extra time since we had just closed on our house on a Wed, and I had the baby on Sun.  I'm sure my male boss is appreciative that I had the baby anywhere but at work. (I had a 45 minute labor, so very likely would have ended up delivering at the office had I gone into labor there.)

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM
That is nice, try to relax as much as you can.

I worked right up until delivery day with both boys. I am only 13 weeks with this pregnancy, so who knows what will happen. I joked with my first two, and with this one too, I wish I could have had leave during my early pregnancy due to my severe nausea and vomiting and fatigue, as those symptoms were way worse and harder than discomfort at the end of my pregnancies waddling around.

Wishing you a great delivery!!!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Enjoy the extra time off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)