Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

yep its official.

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
Thanks to you ladies and all your support, I'm asking to be removed from the one home I don't feel I can work in. This morning pushed me to it with this client. I can not handle the lieing and see it going to her saying things about me. Every day I'm with her is a constant battle to figure out the truth, to attempt redirects only to be yelled at, among other things.

Todays happenings
"Can I have a big slam, well how about the pop you have in the fridge? That way you save a little money?"
"Well its my money"
"Yes it is, but I thought you wanted to save your money for exersise class?"
"ITS MY MONEY!, I have food stamps I'm getting a big slam!"
"Ok"
"Why are you mad at me"
"X I'm not mad at you, I'm just trying to help you save the money you talked about. You don't have much left in food stamps and its only the 15th, remeber last month you didn't have much real food left because you bought snacks with your fs?"
"Well its my money".

I dropped it after that. We have issues with her(and some staff encouraging) spending her fs on snack foods and liters of soda. She does have other money but its for bills, medical needs, and her exxtras. Last month she owed 3 different places money, her people first dues, her exersise class(because they keep taking her without money) and her water arobics class. Then at the end of the month we(the house hold corrdinator and I) are trying to figure out meals for her, then using her other. Money for food, she then gets mad because she gets less spending money.

Its a stress I can't do right now. You all have been so helpful in your responses to my posts. Its nice to have encouragement!
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM

It sucks, but you can't help people who don't want help. The woman I take to the grocery store is not supposed to drink caffeine, but buys some kind of energy drink every time we go. Her sister tells me not to let her, but she's a grown ass woman lol

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Ugh, that is very stressful!! I do not blame you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM

LOL sounds like my life the last two days. It stinks that there's nothing more you can do. It's a good thing you're doing what's best for you.

2curly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I feel for you, I deal with that type of stuff practically everyday at work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)