Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Breakfast help

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 16 Replies
I need help coming up with healthy breakfast options. I am not a big fan of breakfast foods, I will eat them but only when I'm in the mood for them. What else can I eat for a healthy breakfast?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Eggs in general. Any way you fix them are fairly healthy.  Fruit.  Any fruit you want.  If it is healthy for lunch, you can eat it for breakfast.  I know people who have salad for breakfast.

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I like to grab a piece of fruit or cup of yogurt

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'm a freak about eggs, sometimes they sound delicious, sometimes thinking about them makes me gag. Try some yogurt and an apple or a banana. Do you like smoothies? I don't have time for them in the morning, but a lot of people like them.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I always forget about smoothies. It's actually a good idea because it's quick and healthy.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm a freak about eggs, sometimes they sound delicious, sometimes thinking about them makes me gag. Try some yogurt and an apple or a banana. Do you like smoothies? I don't have time for them in the morning, but a lot of people like them.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I only eat eggs about once a month. I know they're healthy but I just don't care for them.

Quoting deccaf:

Eggs in general. Any way you fix them are fairly healthy.  Fruit.  Any fruit you want.  If it is healthy for lunch, you can eat it for breakfast.  I know people who have salad for breakfast.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Oatmeal. It's a proven stomach flattening food. And it's so yummy!! Cereals that aren't kid approved cereals (haha!), fruit, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt. They have these packets called "Breakfast Essentials" that you just add into a glass of milk, and they're filled with vitamins and stuff. Those are pretty good.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Depending on what you're trying to cut from your diet, or add, bacon and sausage are considered "healthy" if you're looking at no carbs, high proteins.
christyg
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I am not a breakfast fan either.

I usually grab a "clif" bar and eat it with my coffee. They are really good :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I'm not cutting anything, just trying to eat healthier. I want to be able to make lifestyle changes that I can stick with.

Quoting rissarin:

Depending on what you're trying to cut from your diet, or add, bacon and sausage are considered "healthy" if you're looking at no carbs, high proteins.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Do you like smoothies? Everything can go in the freezer in the blender, the night before?

Protein waffles with peanut butter and jelly.

If u don't like breakfast, eat a different meal, cold thin crust pizza to go, a low fat sandwich with lunch meat, a vegetarian wrap, beans salsa, cheese, etc.

Hummus and bagel chips,

Low fat chocolate milk and even whole wheat toast, and fruit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN