Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

No women allowed?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 36 Replies
A conversation I had with my friend and a post in here got me thinking. Do you allow other women in your home when you're not there? Is your so/dh allowed to hang out with other women if you're not there?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if a man really wants to cheat he'll find a way. I see no problem with men having female friends and them hanging out. I also find it odd when people won't allow female family members over if they're not home. If you truly trust your so then you need to trust that they'd make the right decision.
andrea96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This has never come up, but, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
That's odd. Idk. Never had that issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My husband should never hang out alone with another woman, period. I would never hang out alone with another man. That's just the way we do things. 

Exceptions would include family or perhaps an unexpected situation. But we are very territorial over each other! 

annasmom1234
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Heck, no!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM
This is how my best friend and her dh are. I'm the only female allowed over if she's not there. It's only happened a few times if I was bringing ds over for her to watch and she stepped out.

Quoting mickstinator:

My husband should never hang out alone with another woman, period. I would never hang out alone with another man. That's just the way we do things. 

Exceptions would include family or perhaps an unexpected situation. But we are very territorial over each other! 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Is the house clean enough for company? Really that is always out dilemma. Haha, just kidding, DH does not have time to "hang out" with women or men. But as long as I knew the hal,I guess I have no problem. I have the most faith in DH's loyalty to me and our vows. He jokes it's enough work keeping one relationship going, why try to do even more?? Lol.
HotMama330
Happy Holidays, Cafemom friends. I'll see you again in January.
Yesterday at 11:22 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM

It's never come up.  I suppose it would depend on who it is and how well I know them.

Connect with me.

christyg
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

My hubby has a woman friend. I dont care if they hang out. If he really wanted to be with her, I wouldn't want to stop him anyway, but thats not the case. .... I WILL admit to reading his texts with her though, just to be sure :)

He had a good family friend that he traveled to Europe with after high school (we were dating at the time) who is a girl and I wasn't worried about it at all. He was her safe travel companion. Their families had been friends for YEARS before we started dating, so I assumed if he had any feelings for her that he would have been dating her already. They spent 3 month backpacking around, and Im sure they shared a bed or two somewhere along the trip out of necessity. She was engaged to another man at the time and they were more like siblings.

Im not really the jealous type. I would rather he just leave than cheat though. 

christyg
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha. This is SO TRUE for me. My biggest concern would be "Is the house clean enough?"....Its never "clean", so "clean enough" works.

Quoting Marti123:

Is the house clean enough for company? Really that is always out dilemma. Haha, just kidding, DH does not have time to "hang out" with women or men. But as long as I knew the hal,I guess I have no problem. I have the most faith in DH's loyalty to me and our vows. He jokes it's enough work keeping one relationship going, why try to do even more?? Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN