but now I am in this usettled, unfocused stage.
So most of my online friends here, are well aware that I am pregnant. I have accepted this, am now starting in my 2nd trimester. I am finally starting to get excited, and from this point forward, unplanned does NOT mean unwanted. We very much want BABY M. Baby M is making me feel like death, but that's a whole 'nother post in the birth group, lol, moving on...........
I am at work right now, trying to review PPT slides, but all I can think about is my employment situation and HOW am I going to make this work with a new baby. On one hand I so lucky, because I have several options (continue teaching & working clinical part-time OR stop teaching & going to work clinical full-time, then decided between a week-end option vs. traditional weekday job). But on the ther hand, choices mean: I have so many decisions, it is really stressful. Things that factor into my equations:
- household budget (daycare costs which are outrageous in my area, honestly for 3 full-time kiddos at their ages will probaby run $2500-3000 per month, DH is NOT ok with nanny or aupair),
- my career (quitting jobs or changing my paths now in my 30's does affect my options and possibly earning potential long-term significantly),
- my personal physical and psychological limitations (or how much can I actually work and how much stress can I take as a mom of a infant, pre-schooler, and KGer and stay healthy)
- my marriage (or how much time I have lef for DH)
- time with kiddos , pretty much self-explanatory.
Somethings on this list are going to get sacrificed. It is jut really hard to figure know what the right choice is.....and even though it seems like I have a ton of time, and yes I do have lots, I do not have jobs where you give "2 weeks". I'd like to give my employers a heads up and I just think if I have made a decision prior to birth, it would greatly decrease my stress level.
I don't know what advice I am looking for really, but anybody have words of wisdom??
Thanks everyone btw, for all your support all th way, you guys are always the best!!!