Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Damn book!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

I'm reading "Gone Girl" and it's been okay to read.  I only read a few pages at a time at night and then put it down.  Last night I was pretty tired.  I figured I would be asleep by 10:30pm after reading a few pages......until the damn book got really really good.  I couldn't stop putting it down and I kept giving myself "10 more minutes" but then I couldn't stop at that chapter so I read the next one.  I didn't get to sleep until 1am.   

I'm about half done with the book and cannot wait to finish it.  I'm reading on several reviews that the ending just knocks you out....something totally unexpected and I can't wait to see what happens. 

Unfortunately....I'm tired now!  I wish I can close my office door and take a nap.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Reminds of those "nerd girl" problems posts on Pinterest, being tired not from partying but staying up with a good book, lol.

Enjoy the rest tonight!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Tonight, NO BOOK FOR YOU!  Get some sleep.  I hope you get through the day ok.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Haha I do that with books too! I'll just finish this chapter.... ok, one more chapter .... lol

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Quoting Marti123:

Reminds of those "nerd girl" problems posts on Pinterest, being tired not from partying but staying up with a good book, lol.

Enjoy the rest tonight!

haha!  Yeah...i'm part nerd, I admit.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved Gone Girl! I read it last month. I was up way to late reading The Kitchen House last night. I was almost to the end of the book, and I couldn't wait to find out how it ended.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting andrea96:

I loved Gone Girl! I read it last month. I was up way to late reading The Kitchen House last night. I was almost to the end of the book, and I couldn't wait to find out how it ended.

I will have to check that one out.  One of my favorite authors, Harlan Coben, just came out with another book.  I'll have to put that on my wishlist too.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting andrea96:

I will have to check that one out.  One of my favorite authors, Harlan Coben, just came out with another book.  I'll have to put that on my wishlist too.

I probably never would have read it, but my book club chose it for this month's book. It was really good, and somewhat fitting that I had just finished The Help.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting andrea96:

I probably never would have read it, but my book club chose it for this month's book. It was really good, and somewhat fitting that I had just finished The Help.

I have read The Help....overall, pretty good....but have not seen the movie yet. 

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I loved Gone Girl!  I read all of her other books, too, but Gone Girl was by far the best.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I hate when that happens! 

I haven't read any of her stuff yet but I have all 3 of her books on my list to read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)