Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms life....

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 13 Replies
I work 8 hours a day..to come home and work 8 more! I'm exhausted....little vent....hope DH is warming up the sheets....since I guess his 8 hours was wayyyy harder then mine today!! :) haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear you. It is exhausting!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL. I don't think guys were actually made to keep our schedules!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

definitely exhausting! I fell asleep on the couch after work and ordered pizza for dinner lol

MixedCooke
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM

LOL yep our day is never done!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Very true!  I mean, think about it.  In the primitive times, men went out and hunted and hauled back their kill.  Job done.  Maybe, once every few months or so they might fiddle around with making a new tool.

Then the women had to gut it, skin it, make containers out of the innards, cook the food for EVERY meal, package the left over food the best they could, make clothes out of it for EVERYONE, all while tending the children/giving birth/nursing.  Their jobs were NEVER done.

Quoting Nighttiger:

LOL. I don't think guys were actually made to keep our schedules!

Denisethedaring
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Yep.  Get up at 6 am, out the door at 7 am with baby+gear, at work at 7:30, work til 5, pick up baby+gear, go home, instantly start dinner, set older child to work on homework, start chores, play with baby, feed baby, feed rest of family, keep cleaning, bathe baby and put her to bed, make sure older child's homework is done, pass out face-first on couch. :D 

Ruth1027
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I'm lucky in that my husband helps A LOT!  He does a lot of the shopping and the occasional trips to the store, he'll get dinner going before I even get home, he keeps on the kids to pick up after themselves and do chores so I don't have to worry about it when I get home as much.  I have to do some general cleaning up in the evenings and I handle all the laundry, but that's pretty much it anymore.  Plus, we're finally at a point where we can hire people to help out with the things that we can't keep up with easily ourselves.  I've just hired a housekeeper and we're working on finding a tutor.

It wasn't always like that, though.  I used to work two jobs (one full time and one part time) and go to school, and we were dirt poor, so no help for us.  I look back and don't know how I did it.  And I still don't get how working parents keep up with everything and keep their sanity, I was never able to.  During those times, my house was always a mess!!  Cleaning?  What's that??  LOL

I have the utmost respect for parents who can handle all that!!

mickstinator
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM

haha. yeah, yesterday i got home from work and plopped down on the bed for 30 minutes while the boys crawled all over me and stole my phone out of my pocket. i'm immune to that. i just needed to rest. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm happy to say that we both take equal responsibility for the house, the kids, and bills.  It took some time though because I had to be on him a little more to do things that involved the kids. 

christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)