Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sick at Daycare

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 21 Replies

If your kid(s) gets sick at daycare, is it your responsibility to get them, DH/SOs or is it split?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM

DH usually takes care of DS if he gets sick at daycare. Luckily we've had not instances where we've had to get him this year!

emshab
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I have to get the kids if they are sick.  DH is active duty army they won't let him go get them but also right now he is still not allowed to drive.

2curly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

DH and I try to take turns, but it may depends on what we both having going on that day at work.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'm suprised they won't let him. I remember being 8 and throwing up at school. My mom was out and they couldn't contact her, so my dad had to come pick me up. He was active duty Air Force at the time. He didn't retire until I was 11. Maybe it was just his post at the time though. I do remember he couldn't stay home though. He just brought me home, told me to go to bed and left. I just passed out asleep until my mom got home.

Quoting emshab:

I have to get the kids if they are sick.  DH is active duty army they won't let him go get them but also right now he is still not allowed to drive.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

she's 13 so she's not in daycare, but if she's sick at school I have to go get her because her dad lives in another state. my parents could probably pick her up if I wasn't able to for some reason.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I do or my parents do. DH can't drive :P

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM
We split it. Who ever has less on their schedule or is nearer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Usually me, but only because I am a control freak about my kiddos. And I want to see how they are doing, haha.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Usually me. My schedule is usually more flexible.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

We haven't had to deal with this issue yet since my mil watches DS. If he's too bad I won't take him over there 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)