Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long Week

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

So some of you know I sell clothing and items at consignment sales. I've been scrambling like crazy to get everything tagged and ready. Drop off was tonight and, after dropping off close to 400 clothing items, they were all accepted in perfect condition, which means I'm now a perfect consignor and will skip inspection at any other sales I do. YAY! Huge accomplishment! And, I can finally rest! Well, sort of. Tomorrow is pre-sales for volunteers, so I get to shop at 3:30 and DH and my MIL can shop at 5, and then I'm volunteering tear down for 6 hours on Sunday (yes, 28 weeks pregnant). So, its not quite over, but at least my stuff is there. The only stinky part is I seem to be missing at least 60 items from my inventory. That's too many to count as just loss from sales. They have to be in the house somewhere, but I have searched everywhere. They include ALL of my swimsuits I had for sale, which means we need to buy one for DS now :((. Hopefully I find some good garage sales this summer.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
2curly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

That is funny, I just dropped off some stuff for a consignment sale tonight myself.  It is my first time doing it.  I did not have as many items as you, but it was very time consuming over the weekend getting everything in order.  At least now I know what I am doing for next time.  Hope you do well and find some good bargains for yourself.  

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Glad you were able to get everything dropped off, but boo for missing some things, that's poo. I wish I had known about consignment when DD was little, it might have saved me a lot of monies!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM

That sounds like soooo much work. Glad some of the hardest part is over for you.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Good work!  I could never devote that much time & energy to consignment...I sell at our once a year garage sale and donate the rest.  It's just easier, LOL

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I hope you sell lots of stuff!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)