Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stir crazy

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
My students are going insane, as am I. We are testing out the wazoo, to gather more data. It is insane how many mandated tests they are taking in the next few weeks. Mandatory retention rules have my students in panic mode and all I can do is apologize for the assessment overload.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kflemino22
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That stinks!  Best of luck getting through all of it with your sanity :)

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
That sounds horrible!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Hopefully it flies by. I hate that kids need to do so many assessments now.

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate state assessments. They are pointless beyond belief. My students barely even take them, most refuse
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Our kids are going through the spring round here. For the most part the kids just go along with it. It's a shame though because I think we have lost so much in creativity and exploration of ideas and units through this push for teaching to the test.
christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I'm not even sure if parents can refuse the testing here in my state.

Quoting flutter523:

I hate state assessments. They are pointless beyond belief. My students barely even take them, most refuse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting flutter523:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
It's not our parents that opt out. The students just refuse to take them. I don't work with typical students though either. Half of them refuse all the work given to them.

Quoting christaberk:

Quoting flutter523:

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

It gets insane. When I was teaching, I remember doing county assessments and semester assessments the same week just before Christmas. Then, we had a little down time, then it was the writing test, and then the state mandated test...right around spring break. The kids totally freaked out. I was stressed too because this test was a grade-level test for special needs kids who weren't on grade-level. We were mandated by the county to basically teach the test the entire week before the test. 

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

And in my neck of the woods, we still can't get outside for very long, and EVERYONE is ready for fresh air! That can't help either! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)