Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving my notice on Thursday...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

So there it is.  I am giving my notice on Thursday.  I have worked for my company for 10 years, but as of today I can officially say I am done.  I work to many hours, am constantly having to fill in to cover shifts for unreliable staff members.  My husband travels for work so he is gone almost every week, that leaves me to take care of our girls ages 4 & 3 months pretty much by myself 24/7.  Went back to work March 4th and both me and the kids have been sick all month.  To top it all off, I found out today that one of my peers (who is a d bag) is being promoted and will be my boss. No thank you! So I am going to bow out gracefully, give my notice offering time for my work to hire my replacement and take some time off to take care of my kids.  Money will be tight and I will have to pay for private medical, but I seriously can't take it anymore.  Wish me luck!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Wow. Tough choice but I'm sure it will work out. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Sounds like you have really thought through this. Good luck in your new chapter!

Karen894
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
U you be fine, change is good how exciting, I quit in November after five years and I got no regrets, got a better job more pay and less stress, go for it and enjoy but try for ur unemployment, and for medical how often do u go to the dr!!! Things will be ok just take it one at a time and if u want txt me I work at home got three or four companies I'm with 8319154057
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Good luck! You have to do whats best for your family

laine1101
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I applaud you.  I'm trying to find the courage to do the same thing!

Best wishes....enjoy!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Good luck. And good for you for knowing what you can and cannot deal with.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Good luck!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

good luck!

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow I understand that, well I wish you the best of luck, sometimes a change is always for the better!!!

clapping

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Good luck!  You'll be fine!

I was in a similar situation shortly after I had DD and went back to work. I ended up leaving after being back for about 3 months.  It was tough considering the time you put in, but worth it in the end.  Peace of mind and not having to deal with stress at a job you don't like is so not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)