Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

would this concern you about your employer?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
So another employee and I are working together in the same house today. She pulls me aside and wants to tell me about something as a warning.
This is her story.
A few months ago her and a male worker who she had been dating for a short while at the time. Were pulled out of the homes they were working in on very short notice, to cover a home with a couple. She said that the worker "G" seemed very adgitated from the get go. They took the clients to church, he refused to sit near them, didn't in Sunday school or the potluck after. He continualy made snide comments to the client about her(worker).
They were driving back home, him driving and her in the back passanger seat. She leaned forward and tapped him on the sholder when he elbowed her, leaving a large bruise. Not only that but upsetting the clients immensly.
Well she ended up calling the cops. They did their stuff and he was later arrested(after refusing to talk to them) and charged with battery. He plead guilty but charges were dropped because he did probation and paid a fine.
Well here is the issue. He is coming back to work. He was not fired.
After all that to a fellow employee, and in the pressence of clients(dd adults) he being allowed back???(and to a job with the county no less)
I find this a bit unsettling, there are many things that are minor compared to this that we could be fired for.

What is your opinion? Am I over reacting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
quickbooksworm
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Well I don't know what the employment laws in your area are.  But some laws protect an employee from termination even if they do something really wrong.  For example, you can't be terminated for a sexual harrassment accusation but you can be fired for being late once.

Diatech12
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Hhmm I didn't think about what laws could protect him seeing as he plead guilty.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Well I don't know what the employment laws in your area are.  But some laws protect an employee from termination even if they do something really wrong.  For example, you can't be terminated for a sexual harrassment accusation but you can be fired for being late once.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I work in this field and there have been so many times where employess were accused of abusing clients and they still have jobs.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
So the male employee was inappropriate with the female employee to the point the clients were supposedly upset, bur not physically neglected or injured? And the female employee pressed charges? Do I understand correctly? The story you tell is based on the facts of the female employee who accused the male employee? Right?

I would be cautious, but realize there are two sides to every story.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Marti123:

So the male employee was inappropriate with the female employee to the point the clients were supposedly upset, bur not physically neglected or injured? And the female employee pressed charges? Do I understand correctly? The story you tell is based on the facts of the female employee who accused the male employee? Right?

I would be cautious, but realize there are two sides to every story.

This was my first thought. Also, there wasn't abuse towards the actual clients, so why should he not be allowed to work?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I know it is often hard to get government employees fired.  She should request to not be put in the same house with him, though.  The police report should suffice as a reason why.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN