Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I kind of see why he doesn't bother...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, I always harp on DH because he never makes plans with him mom for Sundays. We always seem to get together, but there is never a plan to start with so it stresses me out (and I never know what to tell DS his morning will be like). I started taking it into my own hands and two weeks ago I offered that we go down there for brunch since her husband had eye surgery (they live 35 minutes away). Its a pain to go down there because it messes up DS's nap time, but I wanted to give them company. Last weekend it snowed over a foot so I figured it was off. I just wrote her to see if she wanted to do brunch tomorrow at our house since its Easter.

I wrote: Did you guys want to come for brunch tomorrow?

Her Response: Did you want to do brunch?

I wrote: Sure

No response. back. Soooo...are they coming? Now I see why DH takes a laid back approach!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2curly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I really hate stuff like that.  My DH's family is last minute like that.  They have gotten a little bit better over the years.  Maybe because of me pushing the issue.  

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:20 PM
That would drive me insane!!! I need to know what the day brings. I usually could care less what it is but I like to know ahead of time. I'd text her back and be like "are you coming??"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM
This, but also include, "ds takes a nap from 1230 to 2, so we should plan to meet at the restaurant by 1030 so we have time to eat, visit and he can enjoy time with you before he goes for a down for his .nap...

Quoting flutter523:

That would drive me insane!!! I need to know what the day brings. I usually could care less what it is but I like to know ahead of time. I'd text her back and be like "are you coming??"

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Ugh my bro and sil are like that. It's frustrating but the worst is when they call me last second about babysitting or getting together.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

super annoying!

Catcherryesux
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I hate making plans with my in laws because they always change plans at the last min or cancel altogether. I don't see why it's so hard to make a plan and stick to it. The last time we tried to get together for dinner it took all day to figure out what we were doing because someone kept rearranging the time and place.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Ooooohhhh...I really hate that!  I'm a planner so I like to have some semblance of a plan for the day with things like that.  I would just make plans and tell her as opposed to asking.

mickstinator
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

My family is so last minute and DH's family is the opposite. My husband has a really hard time adjusting to my family's methods of communication. He used to get so annoyed when I didn't settle plans in advance with them and then he realized how futile it is, so he stopped bugging me about it. haha. i can set something a week in advance with them and it'll change 3 times before the day comes. 

boshs1andonly
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
That drives me nuts too. Dh isn't a planner and I am, when I met his family I realized where he got it from so I try to cut him slack but it still drives me crazy lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)