Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

i dont like my job

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 36 Replies
...and I feel stuck. I dread each day. I feel guilty because I should feel happy to have a job, but its stressful, a long commute and nothing is ever good enough. I know I need to change my attitude and make the best of things but right now I just feel like crap. I hate being away from ds, which I know is another reason I don't like going to work.

And honestly if I start looking, I don't know what I want to do.

Vent over.

How do you get through your work day (if you hate your job)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nomadbrat83
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Why type of work do you do?  Is there anything you can be happy about? Coworkers? Satisfaction of doing a good job?  Good income? etc?  If you really can't find anything to be happy with and can't change jobs, perhaps just focus how your paycheck provides a roof over your head or money to do fun things or whatever.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I love my job.  Can you find something positive to look forward to?  A really great lunch?  Something you can buy yourself with the money you are earning?

yezay
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I feel the same way. I just feel stuck most days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeydewmommy
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I love my job, but I have had jobs like that, in the company I work for when I got like that with a position I had I worked harder to get a promotion. No I never wanna leave. I can't even imagine leaving. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I've started feeling that way lately. I plan on looking for a new job.
iea13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I counsel teenagers. The system I work under is defeating considering caseload size and the range of issues we are expected to "resolve". You are right, I try to focus on how difficult things would be financially not working. Some days I guess it still gets to me.

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Why type of work do you do?  Is there anything you can be happy about? Coworkers? Satisfaction of doing a good job?  Good income? etc?  If you really can't find anything to be happy with and can't change jobs, perhaps just focus how your paycheck provides a roof over your head or money to do fun things or whatever.

iea13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Yes, lunch has become a comfort, but now its getting unhealthy with the treats I get myself to cheer up lol. I would reallly love to go on a vacation though. I've been trying to find good deals. Even a small getaway will do

Quoting deccaf:

I love my job.  Can you find something positive to look forward to?  A really great lunch?  Something you can buy yourself with the money you are earning?

iea13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
How do you cope?

Quoting yezay:

I feel the same way. I just feel stuck most days.
iea13
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
What do you do? That's great

Quoting honeydewmommy:

I love my job, but I have had jobs like that, in the company I work for when I got like that with a position I had I worked harder to get a promotion. No I never wanna leave. I can't even imagine leaving. 

kflemino22
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with your job.  It is hard to go to work every day when you feel that way and having a long commute I am sure makes it worse.  I was at a point a few years ago where I did not like the company I was working for anymore (even though the job was something I liked).  I ended up leaving and staying home for 2 1/2 years before I decided that I wanted to work again to get out of the house.  Now I am working 1-2 days/evenings each week and I love what I do and I am home with my kids so it's the best of both worlds.  We did have to make some cut backs when I quit working full-time, but my sanity and time spent with my kids was worth every penny pinching moment!!!

Kim Flemino
Independent & Educational Consultant
Usborne Books & More
kimflemino@gmail.com
www.u3330.myubam.com
reading

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)