Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you struggle with emotional eating?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 14 Replies

*hangs head in shame* I am really struggling with depression, and I just binged on two large donuts *sigh* and my vomiting is easing up so I probably just overdosed myself and my child with an insane amount of fat and sugar. UGHHhhhh, why do I do this to myself....shame, shame, shame.........I am going to eat healthy for lunch.......I promise..........

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
No. I e kinda trained myself to clean when I'm frustraighted or upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

That's a great way to deal with it!

Quoting AleaKat:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I go either way.  Either I eat everything in sight or nothing at all.  So much for healthy eating when upset. 

As for you and your baby, as long as you don't do it regularly, all will be good. 

AleaKat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I figured it keeps my hands busy and I'm doing something productive.
Just start cleaning whenever you get upset and before you know it it'll become habit.

Quoting Marti123:

That's a great way to deal with it!

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

yes, I struggle with depression/anxiety and it can go either way. Either I'm eating every disgusting thing in sight, or I can't eat anything but saltines.

christyg
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

If your body is craving the donuts ... maybe you needed an extra dose of fat and sugar after all the vomitting ... Dont be so hard on yourself!

Now, if you come back tomorrow and say that you had a whole dozen, then we might have a problem, LOL!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You are the eternal optimist like my DH, haha. I doubt there is ever a reason a human NEEDS a donut, but they are tasty! Luckily  only bought 2, pretty sure if I had a dozen, I might have kept going..........

Quoting christyg:

If your body is craving the donuts ... maybe you needed an extra dose of fat and sugar after all the vomitting ... Dont be so hard on yourself!

Now, if you come back tomorrow and say that you had a whole dozen, then we might have a problem, LOL!

mickstinator
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I find that shaming yourself for dealing with negative emotions improperly doesn't provide proper motivation to change methods! Remember, you're under a lot of stress. It's natural to resort to those habits in your situation. Don't beat yourself up too much.

I have the opposite problem - I lose my appetite when I'm too stressed. My husband was in the hospital unexpectedly for a week a few years ago and I lost nearly 20 pounds in 10 days. I was literally force-feeding myself. Not healthy.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I do. This school year has been an especially bad one for me as far as that goes. I was doing so well with maintaining the weight that I lost almost 4 years ago but the scale numbers have been creeping back up :(

I really have to focus, get back on track and stop eating junk!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Not usually, but when I know I'm a little stressed, I always keep at least two pieces of fruit with me to curb the "sugar" craving. I figure at least I'm getting vitamins and natural sugars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)