Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting it short

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 10 Replies
My work trip that is. Still have no voice & spent last night puking most of the night, so I'm heading home early.

The bad news is, my DH says he's not feeling well (he always thinks he gets what everyone around him gets) so I won't be able to count on him to take over with the kids :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like crap!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that :(  After all the traveling you've been doing, that sucks.  I hope you feel better and get plenty of rest!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Sorry you are ill, I hope it passes quickly.

I am sorry about your DH, that has got to be super annoying that he gets "everything" you get. In my current foul mood, I think I would just punch him, kidding, I really wouldn't, but yea, it's annoying.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Poor momma!  Hope you get well soon!  Get some rest, if you can, and have the older kids help out a bit.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Yuck. Feel better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShelbysHope76
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That sucks, get you some tylenol cold and flu and hope it works..I am sorry and hope you get to feeling better.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I hope you feel better soon!

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Thanks everyone.

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Got home early yesterday afternoon and the kids were still at school - DH was still at work - so I got a few hours to myself. 

This morning, of course, my DH was "sick" and called into work.  Again.  He's NOT sick.  And, of course, he woke me up at 4:30 in the morning to TELL me about it.  GRRR.

So, this morning after I took the kids to school I let him have it.  Took his temp - no fever.  No puking.  No stuffy nose.  No coughing.  I was angry and we got in a fight about him thinking he's sick when he isn't EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone around him gets sick.  I also told him I never want to hear him whine about either not having enough vacation days or needing to tighten our belts with the budget because HE wastes days like today (he either gets it unpaid or has to burn a vacation day).

Anyway, he stomped around, got dressed, and went into work slamming doors along the way.  Goody.

mickstinator
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

i am so sorry. too bad you can't stay in that hotel room in peace and quiet until you get better! : ( 

boshs1andonly
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I would have called him out on it too. Wtf. My dh barely takes off for being sick, unless it's really bad. I could barely keep him out of work for shingles even though he had an ER note saying he could stay home for two days (and his boss LOVES him, so believe me he wasn't in fear for his job or anything). 

Quoting the3Rs:

Thanks everyone.

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Got home early yesterday afternoon and the kids were still at school - DH was still at work - so I got a few hours to myself. 

This morning, of course, my DH was "sick" and called into work.  Again.  He's NOT sick.  And, of course, he woke me up at 4:30 in the morning to TELL me about it.  GRRR.

So, this morning after I took the kids to school I let him have it.  Took his temp - no fever.  No puking.  No stuffy nose.  No coughing.  I was angry and we got in a fight about him thinking he's sick when he isn't EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone around him gets sick.  I also told him I never want to hear him whine about either not having enough vacation days or needing to tighten our belts with the budget because HE wastes days like today (he either gets it unpaid or has to burn a vacation day).

Anyway, he stomped around, got dressed, and went into work slamming doors along the way.  Goody.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)