Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I didn't realize

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
It appears that I am letting a lot of personal stuff affect me more than I thought. My boss asked if I am okay today. He said I look tired. I explained that I just have a lot of stuff going on and that I am okay. So I need to try harder to get over this stuff.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'm going through stuff with DH and I'm letting it affect the rest of my day and I need to figure out how to stop but I'm so upset about things.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm going through stuff with DH and I'm letting it affect the rest of my day and I need to figure out how to stop but I'm so upset about things.

I am someone who tries really hard to not bring my personal life in to my work life. I usually succeed. Good luck with your issues. If you need to rant and rave, message me. I'll listen and not judge.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

hugs to both of you! it's hard not to let life get to you in all departments.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I'm sorry! Hope everything calms down soon. It's been a super rough week for me, half way done!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I think when we have a lot going on we can't help but let it affect us. I hope things calm down a bit for both of you.

ShelbysHope76
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

We are here, that's what this place is for.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

As hard as we may try, our lives - work and personal - ARE intertwined.  It's not always easy to completely block one of them out.  I think it's great that your boss was concerned - it's good to have support wherever you are.

Hopefully things get easier for you soon.  Feel free to reach out if you want an ear :)

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Sorry you're having a tough time separating work and home. I know how tough it can be. Feel free to vent here. Writing out my issues always helps me process them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Do you have an EAP? They can be a good resource when life starts bogging you down. Even a little break in the day for relaxation or yoga can help.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I won't use the eap. If I need to I will schedule a counseling session, though.

Quoting calsmom62:

Do you have an EAP? They can be a good resource when life starts bogging you down. Even a little break in the day for relaxation or yoga can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN