Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going Back to Work, Daycare stress

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi! My second son is due in July and I will be going back to work full time in September. Searching for a daycare option for two children is very stressful. Has anyone ever had an au pair help with childcare? Is this a good option? Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have never and probably wouldn't use an au pair.  I have an only child and feel she needs the structure and socialization of daycare/preschool.  With 2, you won't have the same need.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I haven't but here's a bump. If we had the room and DH didn't work from home, we would consider it.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

bump

CristaNicole
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Great point. Thank you for your reply.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

We are looking for options for 3 kids in 2014. I opted not to go with the au pair, because I didn't want to stress with finishing our basement prior to baby being born. And the ones I checked into, did not have vehicles, so I'd have to get a 3rd vehicle for her to transport my KGer.

We are looking at nannies. I am looking at changing my hours. I am was expanding my search to find daycare centers, that might take a part-time infant.

It is really stressful. Good luck with your search.

ShelbysHope76
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

sorry, IDK. Always relied on daycare with my two. they have both benefited, and were both ready for k, my daycare has a preschool class that helps them get ready. Very structured, and they are there during holidays and bad weather when the schools close.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)