Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New job - SUPER NERVOUS!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

I start a new job on Monday. My nerves are out of control. I got my associatedin Paralegal Tehnology and within 2 weeks of getting my diploma, landed my new paralegal job. AWESOME RIGHT!? Well I don't know if I'm more scared or excited. 

I will lose time away from my 1 child - daughter. I have been there for everything since she's was born. She is about to finish her kindergarten year, and I am just not sure if I'm ready to go into the "working world." Don't get me wrong, I've been working since she was born, but after she turned 2 I worked part-time jobs so that I could be the parent I always wanted to be. Now she's 6 & 1/2 and I'm so attached to her. We are inseperable for the most part. She is my mini-me. 

I need some advice on how to handle my separation anxiety. I'm sure she'll be fine, but will have my "mommy-senses" to make sure she's adjusting well. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Call her afterschool just to check in, do something fun during the weekend

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I'm sure shell adjust but be prepared for it to take up to a few weeks. Keep in contact with her teachers too bc they might notice a change even if you don't. Other than that, just spend lots of time with her when you are together and enjoy work!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)