Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're what size??

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 16 Replies
Ds will be eight in a couple weeks and won't be in kids clothes too much longer. I ordered him a size 18 coat for next winter and it's only a little big. I don't think he's that big, but I guess I'm wrong. He's size 12 or 14 in pants depending on the brand. I don't know what I'll do next year because most mens clothes won't be a good option since he'll be so young.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
To add: he's 4'6 and 69 lbs
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Wow! Growing boy!!

My ODS is always the tallest kid in his class, and he only runs about a size or two ahead of his actual age. I couldn't imagine him in men's clothes in 4 years, crazy thought.
deadlights86
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Wow big kid. I have no idea my 8 year old is in size 14/16 pants but I usually have to cut like 5 inches off his pants. Downs kids are usually heavy set and no matter what I try I cannot get him to lose weight.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My 2yo DS wears 2T shirts and pants. He could wear 12-18 month pants if they were longer since he's such a skinny monkey. He does have some 18 month shirts that he can still wear though.

ShelbysHope76
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Wow, he's a growing boy! Only 4 inches shorter than me! My ODS will be 10 in july and she runs about 2 sizes behind age. She's in some 6x, some 7/8. She's itty bitty like I was.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! My little boy is 7 (January birthday, so a young 7) and he's in a size 6/7 slim. He's so skinny but my husband was too until high school. He's got long legs so almost all pants that fit in the waist are too short for him. I still buy him the ones with the adjustable waist band so I can buy a bigger size to get the length and then tighten up the waist!

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Wow! My little boy is 7 (January birthday, so a young 7) and he's in a size 6/7 slim. He's so skinny but my husband was too until high school. He's got long legs so almost all pants that fit in the waist are too short for him. I still buy him the ones with the adjustable waist band so I can buy a bigger size to get the length and then tighten up the waist!

My son is the same. He will be 6 in a few weeks, and I have to buy 7x or 8 slims with the adjustable waist. I have to adjust them so much that the elastic often hangs out of his waistband. I have a hard time finding them. I'm so ready for it to warm up so he can go back to shorts.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sounds like a big boy!  My 9 year old is 4'2" or 4'3" and about 70 pounds though.  He's a little chunky and wears size 10/12.

My 13 year old is super, super skinny.  I'm not sure how tall he is - I think about 5'7" or 5'8" and either wears men's small or kids' 16-18.

6 year old is skinny and a bit short.  He's 3'6" and wears size 5/6.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I don't feel like he's that big. I definitely don't know what I'm going to do next year.

Quoting Marti123:

Wow! Growing boy!!

My ODS is always the tallest kid in his class, and he only runs about a size or two ahead of his actual age. I couldn't imagine him in men's clothes in 4 years, crazy thought.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM
He likes his stuff a little loose too because he says it's more comfortable. I guess my ds is bigger then I realized.

Quoting the3Rs:

Sounds like a big boy!  My 9 year old is 4'2" or 4'3" and about 70 pounds though.  He's a little chunky and wears size 10/12.

My 13 year old is super, super skinny.  I'm not sure how tall he is - I think about 5'7" or 5'8" and either wears men's small or kids' 16-18.

6 year old is skinny and a bit short.  He's 3'6" and wears size 5/6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)