Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Food

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 16 Replies
What is your happy food? I just had sushi for the 3rd time this week. Yep, sushi is my happy food.
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christyg
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sadly .... PB&J :)

Its gotta be soft white bread, creamy peanut butter, and strawberry jelly. Really, is there anything better???

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting christyg:

Its gotta be soft white bread, creamy peanut butter, and strawberry jelly. Really, is there anything better???

I cannot eat pb& j. I will gladly make it for anyone in my house, but cannot eat it.

When I was little, I hadn't eaten my sandwich at school. I also didn't throw it away for some reason. I got off the school bus and tossed it in the tall weeds in front of the house (I lived in the country). Little did I know that there was a parent watching and that parent made me go get the sandwich (which I had taken out of a tupperware container, not had in plastic wrap) from the weeds, and I had to eat that for dinner. I havne't eaten pb&j since.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting christyg:

I cannot eat pb& j. I will gladly make it for anyone in my house, but cannot eat it.

When I was little, I hadn't eaten my sandwich at school. I also didn't throw it away for some reason. I got off the school bus and tossed it in the tall weeds in front of the house (I lived in the country). Little did I know that there was a parent watching and that parent made me go get the sandwich (which I had taken out of a tupperware container, not had in plastic wrap) from the weeds, and I had to eat that for dinner. I havne't eaten pb&j since.

That seems kind of harsh punishment for tossing a sandwich!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Chocolate. Anything chocolate. I know, boring.

And potato chips. I can munch those bad boys down like there's no tomorrow!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting christyg:

That seems kind of harsh punishment for tossing a sandwich!

My parents were strict and we were poor. You didn't waste food at my house. I probably was a little harsh, and not something I would do to my daughter, but I never did it again. In high school, my sister brought home 6 lunches. Why she didn't throw them out, I have no idea. She tossed them into the burn pile and didn't cover them well. They were found and she was grounded 1 month for each lunch.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Cheese, when not pregnant I love cheese.

But really almost ALL food makes me happy; I am a pretty big foodie, there are very few entrees and things that I don't like.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

All food

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and sweets
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Mashed potatoes, definitely. Mmm!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsMimna
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Growing up it was instant mashed potatoes with lots of butter....everyday after school I came home and fixed a big bowl....I also was a bigger girl and ate away my loneliness. Today I have a hard time eating any potatoes at all. Unless they come in a bag with the name Lays on the front....lol......but I do try to keep that at a very minimum because we all know you can't eat just one !!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)