Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Dumba** little sh**head brats

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm angry.  Can you tell?

I KNOW he's a big boy and he can deal with things himself - and he did - but as the mom I still feel SO protective of my "little" boy.

My 13 year old had a project due today.  He had to create a board game from materials around the house that tied into the book they read in class.  We had some cardboard, some construction paper, some glue, markers, etc.  and he created a large gameboard out of that.  He also used the computer to generate game cards that looked pretty cool. 

It was good!  It met all of the requirements of the project and he did it all himself - which was bolded in large font on the sheet - DON'T HAVE YOUR PARENTS DO THIS FOR YOU.

So, he gets to school and a few of the kids (who are jerks anyway and bigtime bullies, snot nose brats on a good day) told him how ugly and pathetic his was, how he obviously put NO effort into it, etc.

Now, my son has pretty decent self-esteem, usually cares little about what others say, but he DID work hard on this and he got his feelings hurt.  He felt the need to explain to them that he's not "crafty" and we didn't have a lot of resources at home.  I wish he hadn't felt the need to make excuses.  :(

Meanwhile, these punks brought in gameboards that had been made out of wood - I mean cut with precision equipment, etc.  I seriously doubt they had NO parental involvement.

F-ing little punks.  If they didn't like my son's game - they should have just kept their damn mouths shut.

This is bringing back the 4th grade lighthouse memories all over again.  Same thing - he worked his ASS off and made a really good lighthouse - it was AWESOME.  The other kids brought in these HUGE things that ONLY a parent could have done.

PISSES.  ME. OFF.

Sorry - I just can't stand it when people hurt my kids' feelings.  I know it's a fact of life, and I know they can handle themselves, but it still kills me every time.  I just want to go rip those kids a new a**hole.

angry

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Some kids are evil just like their parents.  I totally feel your angry.  I have had the same situation with my daughter.  Hope things go better.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

First off, go find your swear jar and fill that sucker up.

Second, deep breath.  Take your son to a treat place, (video games, ice cream, whatever gets a smile on his face)  Tell him how proud you are of not only the effort he put in but the restraint in handling the bullies. 

It sounds like he did very well.  He can't change how the other boys act, but his reactions may have a big impact on them.  If nothing else, it shows how one can handle oneself with grace and self-control.  Heck, I'm proud of him.

christyg
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I hate it when we can't do anything as parents! He is too big for mommy to be fighting his battle, but that doesn't make us not WANT TO! I have the same issue with a high school teacher, she is totally unfair, and my son begs me not to get involved. He wants to handle it himself.

Stupid little punk kids! I hope they get a bad grade for not doing the project by themselves!!!

mickstinator
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Ok, I get how easy it is as a parent to do your kids work for them. The perfectionist comes out and the projects can be fun. I do not, however, get how parents actually justify doing their kids projects for them. It's so utterly inappropriate. 

I'm sorry. I'd be fuming, too! And to dare make such horrid remarks about your son's hard work? Oh, man. Mama bear would be livid!

lovemyairman150
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Teens are little shits to each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyairman150
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Tell your son good job and to take pride in the work HE did
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thanks everyone - and to Decca - at least I kept my swearing here at CM.  I held my tongue "in real life", LOL.

I did tell him I'm proud of him.  We'll find something fun to do tonight.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Kids are mean. That really sucks. I think everyone in this group would be pretty pissed too.

BUT - good for you and good for your son. Awesome that he followed the directions and did his homework by himself! :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I would be fuming too. Remind your son that he did it himself and his grade will be better then there's because the teacher will know that.

dawncs
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Just remind him that he did a great job on his own with his project. Teachers can tell when it is student made or parent made from their years of experience. At his age, the teachers expect that the student worked on the project all by themselves. The other students could be in for a rude awakening with a grade lower than they expected while your son did better than them.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)