Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

So this B...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Alright, so I started this job about 6 months ago. I even moved up to Superviser/Lead rather quickly. Ok so far, right? Ok.. Well anyway, a chic that was hired SHORTLY before I made the current title, has had a problem with me (control/jealousy?) from day one. I knew from day one, she was cocky, and I didn't like it! Anywho.. SO.. she (on the 3rd day of employment) got an attitude over a chair, yes I know right of ALL things, and wings this bad boy backwards, hitting another employee. Hmph.. I would have fired her than, but I didn't have the title or power. Another time, I asked her to do something simple, and I could literally SEE her panties tie in a knot. I didn't ask her to engineer a new eff'n bridge to cross the country, I asked if she could organize some reusable boxes and label the area they will reside. Well when my manager came over to see she was refusing to do what I asked of her, he told her NOW, than pulled her aside to say respect authority. She did it (half A'd) and pulled boxes OUT and threw them bvbehind her, HITTING another employee.. Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking, NO BRAINER, FIRED! Well.. you're wrong, this girl and her toxic attitude and complete love of insubordination is STILL employed after now 5 months. WTF?! Am I missing something here?? I don't care if she can throw her voice or do hand stands, there is NO reason to have her at the company any longer. Heck, 5 months ago would have been the perfect hire/fire date! Manager told me today (mr nice guy, not manager material at ALL) to just ignore it (as he has said in the past). So with all the venting above, and total lack of fill in information, can anybody at LEAST tell me I'm not wrong in wanting to give my 2 wk notice and be gone?! NOTHING is being done about this situation and obviously nothing will ever be done about it. Gah.. I was so p'd off I could spit fire!! Still not exactly happy bout it.
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

You can't allow someone to have that power over you (I know easier said then done). If it really bothers you start looking for something else and quit when you find a new job. People like that can create a really toxic work environment.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

With what you have described, I wouldn't want to stay either.  It is a hostile environment, and the manager who could do something about it is not, and it is affecting all the employees.  Eventually someone is going to be seriously injured, and the business will be responsible because they did not address the issue early.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM
That's terrible. I'm sorry you're dealing with her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Your not wrong and an attitude like that can screw up a company fast. Is there anyone else you can go to? Above your boss? To HR? 

UrMom01
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Unfortunately I have the general mananger I can go to, but I'm hesistant because I like the manager (that won't fix it).. He's a good person, I don't want to make it seem like I am going above him, but I think it's the only way. I really haven't decided whether I should send the 2wk draft email to the GM or not.. UGH.. I love the owners (ex navy seals), and it's a start up company, etc. Basically when the GM and owners got their own office building, they made this guy manager. He has no management experience, and is too much of a nice guy. He avoids conflict too, which is why this problem has just been asked to be ignored. I have a feeling the GM and owners won't want me to be going anywhere, and might fire her, but there are so many other ways it could go, that I have to stop being such a chicken and just do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN