Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Where did the fun go?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have been on vacation this week with my girls for spring break and a friend offered to take the girls for the night tomorrow night and said "go have fun".  Ha!  I laughed....I mean when was the last time I actually went out and had fun?  We moved to TN a little over 2 years ago, I still dont have any "friends" here because of how much I work and I am not allowed to hang out with my employees (which means the only people I have time to talk to I am not allowed to hang out with) :(  I am married yes BUT he is a full time student so we see each other all the time, I love him, sometimes you just need a girl friend! SO back to the original question Where did the fun go???  What do you guys do for fun? 

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Game with my brothers, a few friends, and DH.  Not a girls night, but all my girl friends live in different states but one friend from h.s., and she is busy working and caring for her family like me.  Every two weeks a bunch of us get together nad play games, talk, and generally act as stupid as we can't anywhere else lol.  Lots of off color jokes, junk food, and random discussions about older movies, music, culture :)

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Not much lol. Summers I play volleyball. I started back up last summer only knowing 1 girl and now I'm on a different team with all new people I met last year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2curly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I meet up with friends either once or twice a month for dinner either out or at someone's house.  It is nice to get out once in awhile by myself.  My DH goes out with his friends too.  Fun has definitely changed since kids.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I have coffee or dinner with a group of friends or something alone. I do live for any time I can just be by myself. 

TigOlBitties
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Where in TN did you move to?
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
my definition of fun has changed. It pretty much always involves my family. I do not have close girlfriends and I am ok with that right now, as I have other priorities.

BUT, I am an older mom, so I had my entire 20's to do nothing but have fun!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

This. The only "fun" I have sans kid is volunteering at the consignment sales with my sister.

Quoting Marti123:

my definition of fun has changed. It pretty much always involves my family. I do not have close girlfriends and I am ok with that right now, as I have other priorities.

BUT, I am an older mom, so I had my entire 20's to do nothing but have fun!

Sandsam
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I often wonder this same thing - where did the fun go? I agree with the above: My definition of fun has changed. And honestly, there are days when I really struggle because I don't seem to have anything fun to look forward to. I try hard to find 'fun' in cleaning the house, or driving the kids to their activities. I spend time connecting with friends on social media, I get together once a month with a friend for coffee, I read on the bus, if spring ever comes I will enjoy bike riding. It is hard with a family and a job because I am pretty much in survival mode with no spare time [and no money] for fun as I once defined it. Very interesting question!

gsae
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I am in Crossville TN

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Where in TN did you move to?
a06z08mama
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I enjoy eow with my so without kids. they go to their dads then. So we get to do whatever. Act however. My girlfriends have kids and jobs and family life too. So when we get together even if its at home in jammies with the kids being wild in another room. Its fun for us. We go to the bar every 4 months. That's about it.

I love having fun with my kids. Seeing their eyes light up about things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN