Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Laundry Weekend: We all Do it

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

Laundry! We all do it!

Weather we do it at home, coin laundry, old fashion, (by hand) etc. Weather we do a little at a time or all at once. We all have loads, stories and adventures

You love it\ you hate it?

How many loads a week or a day do you do?

Do you have you own Washer and dryer; your blessed ?

Do you have to save quarters?

Share your Landry story, the good, the bad and the ugly.  oh and (smelly), ewu

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

You love it\ you hate it? I don't love it but I like doing laundry.

How many loads a week or a day do you do? At least a load a day or every other day. 

Do you have you own Washer and dryer; your blessed ? Yes, I have a washer and dryer in my home.

Do you have to save quarters? Sometimes. There are times I take things to the laundry mat~ comforters, sleeping bags~ after camping, things like that. If we are in a drought during the summer I will take laundry to the laundromat to conserve our well water. 

Mireya926
by Mire on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Story 1

I do my Laundary every weekend.

I have about 4 to 6 loads. I live n a building complex. So we have a laundry area for the whole building of 60 apartments. So I realized that when ever everyone get paid there are lines.

Well I have this particular neighbor who is on her phone 24-7 she walks through the hallways on that phone we all here her business and she is loud with a capital L. Well she was waiting for me to unload the washer ; last Saturday, As I was heading to the dryer and giving my back.. I still had mty WHITES to unload they were on rinse cycle when I see she is in frontof my machine, as I turned to head over and check on it I saw she was on her phone loading her dirty underwear and putting detergent, I ran and said that is mine. It still on rinse cycle. OMG I waned to Kill her. My son white Karate uniform is in there. Oh no, Well It was on the rinse cycle with fab rinsesoftener so not much damage was done.

Hell lady You really nee to get of that phone.

Mireya926
by Mire on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I last night I tried to get on my Laundry early and in the evening before they close.

I found out that the price went up from a $1.00 to a $1.25 Omg for drying and washing. and to top it off I put in my money and that macine ate my Quarters. Not nice. I have had it! I am head to Laundaty matt place. Now that I have a car it will be easier.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I hate laundry.

I do 1-2 loads every day.

I have my own washer/dryer.

I only fold/put away MY clothes, sheets & towels. The kids & DH fold & put away their own clothes.

Not many stories, but way back when, the 1st year of our marriage (married 17 years now, so a LONG time ago) we lived in an apartment building with one laundry room for everyone. Many neighbors smoked while doing their laundry, so my nice, clean, fresh smelling clothes ended up smelling like cigs by the time I got them upstairs. I complained to management a few times but they saw nothing wrong with it. We only lasted 1 year there & moved to a duplex with hookups & bought our own machines. We've lived in 5 different places since then & have always had our own machine from then on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Nowadays I make my own laundry soap as well. Saves me SOOOOOO much $$$$ and works really well! Will be trying my hand at making my own fabric softener next.

I also make my own 'all-purpose' cleaner & bathroom cleaner.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I am lucky I get do it at home with my own washer & dryer. I probably have about 7 loads a week, but lately I am way behind due to being so sick. I went to laundry mat once when ours broke 2 years ago, and I have to admit, getting all the loads done at one time, wow, that was slick!!

I think the heating element is going out on the dryer, it takes 1-2 hours to dry my loads which is slowing me down when I try to catch up on the week-ends. One of my goals is to get completely caught up this weekend!!!
2curly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I really do not like doing laundry, but it has to get done.

I do about 5-6 loads of laundry a week.  Which includes me washing, drying, hanging some things up, taking them down, folding and putting everything away. I do it alone mostly.  My 18 month DD's idea of helping me with the laundry is taking everything out of the basket while I am folding and putting it on the floor :)

I am lucky to have my own washer and dryer.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I don't love or hate laundry. Although I despise matching socks so SO gets that job lol.
I do about 3-5 loads a week but that'll be going up in a month when baby gets here.
Luckily I have my own washer/dryer. Only thing I can't wash here is my comforter but intake it to my moms when I need to since her washer is bigger.
I'm lucky that SO will help with laundry sometimes without being asked. He won't fold or put away most if my stuff but he takes care if his and DSs and he'll lay mine nicely on the bed so it doesn't wrinkle.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I don't mind it. Its not my most hated chore. I do about 2-3 loads a week and we have our own washer/dryer.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I love doing laundry, because I manage to get great satisfaction out of doing it. It's the one thing I willingly take full responsibility for in our house. No one else is allowed to touch it! I love the smell and feel of freshly laundered clothes. I'm not too fond of the putting away process, but overall, it's probably my favorite household chore. We own a washer and dryer. I do about 5 loads a week I think. I don't keep track because I enjoy it! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN