Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Another one...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am going to be a grandma, again. Younger stepdaughter is 4 weeks pregnant. Keeping the news to close family right now, but please cross your fingers that this one is a healthy pregnancy. Her last one ended in miscarriage. She is in Japan right now, so has no family but her husband for support. I am thinking about a pregnancy gift basket to send her. Any suggestions?
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

*hugs* to her!

I'd send saltines, maybe some mint gum, cocoa butter, some fuzzy socks, maybe some books to read?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

If this is her first, maybe some pregnancy books??? Or just some regular books :)

Maybe include some of her favorite foods, a bottle of lotion or massage oil so hubby can rub her back and legs later on. All I wanted when I was pregnant was sleep, so maybe some cozy jammies and a sleep mask??

I'm not much help, sorry.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Congrats! Books about what to expect during pregnancy or with a baby, maternity clothes, cocoa butter lotion, pickles (as a joke since "all pregnant women crave them"), some bath smell goods, comfy slippers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM
*crossing my fingers for a good outcome*,

American snack crackers and goodies for the nausea, like ginger cookies, lemon gum, peanut butter pretzels, mints, pregnancy & baby magazines, maternity T-shirts, I-tunes gift card for a pregnancy or baby app.

Or I would love one of those full wrap around me body pillows (Amazon has them); they look so awesome!
flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Congrats! I'd send comfort items since she's going to be exhausted soon. Not sure how easy this would be but a gift card for dinner do she won't have to cook (being in Japan may make that hard)
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Congrats!! You've received great suggestions so far, I've got nothing to add.
ShelbysHope76
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Congrats! How sweet, I would send a few good books, foot lotion and some relaxing candles to burn. No doubt she is going to be nervous, so whatever calming things you can think of!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)