Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Rate your stress level

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 28 Replies
If 1 is no stress, and 5 is the worst stress ever, where is your stress level at this month?

Do you handle stress well?

Share some of your coping strategies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
10 I have been unbelievably stressed. I don't handle stress well.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Being on vacation for the last half of March, then the Chicago trip last week, plus an upcoming trip to Fargo....getting back to work just in time to wrap up all the March accounting, and of course none of it is going well......It's stressful.

For some reason, I'm not freaking out yet. Maybe later this week or early next week. Not sure what's up. Usually I am a stressed out hag!

I eat junk food when I'm stressed. Chips, candy, pudding, whatever I can get my hands on. I try to go to the gym over my lunch hour. Even 20-30 minutes of walking on the treadmill will settle me down a bit.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

It's been around 4-5 lately. Work has been a struggle, a friend passed away a few weeks ago, my sister dropped a bit of a bomb on me last night.  . . . I just try to only stress about my stuff.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I eat a lot of junk when I'm stressed too

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Being on vacation for the last half of March, then the Chicago trip last week, plus an upcoming trip to Fargo....getting back to work just in time to wrap up all the March accounting, and of course none of it is going well......It's stressful.

For some reason, I'm not freaking out yet. Maybe later this week or early next week. Not sure what's up. Usually I am a stressed out hag!

I eat junk food when I'm stressed. Chips, candy, pudding, whatever I can get my hands on. I try to go to the gym over my lunch hour. Even 20-30 minutes of walking on the treadmill will settle me down a bit.

Emilytrademark
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM

1 or 2. I am just in quite a bit of pain with the pregnancy, but work is really slow for the time being.  I'm ready to have this baby already and start getting back to feeling normal

BabyFruit Ticker
tazmidgiefairy
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
5 super stress
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM

3.  I generally handle things well, but they have piled up so far this year and I went through a rough patch the last couple weeks.  Things are looking up now, I am getting back on track, so that is good.

My biggest strategy is to not let things I can't change stress me out.  With the one major noteable exception, it works pretty well. 

Breathing techniques are awesome, too.  I have actually lowered my blood pressure in a doctor's office by simply breathing correctly.  The nurse was impressed.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

THIS month??  4-5.  Most months?  2.  MAYBE 3 but rarely.

I typically handle stress pretty well.  I think it's important to MAKE time for yourself.  Yes, I know we're all so busy and say that we can't - but we CAN.

I take a bubble bath most nights after the kids are in bed.  I spend the mornings after I drop them off at school and before I start working watching my fav shows on Hulu or Netflix (usually only about an hour).  I know not everyone has that luxury, but you need to find what works for YOU.

I also rely heavily on DH (who makes dinner every night) and he relies on me (who does cleaning & laundry every day) and we both rely on the kids (who help with cleaning) and the kids rely on us (for everything, LOL).

The point is - find people to lean on when you need it - make time for yourself doing what you truly ENJOY and stress be GONE! :)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Glad things are turning around for you. Things are starting to look up for me, too. Yeah!

Quoting deccaf:

3.  I generally handle things well, but they have piled up so far this year and I went through a rough patch the last couple weeks.  Things are looking up now, I am getting back on track, so that is good.

My biggest strategy is to not let things I can't change stress me out.  With the one major noteable exception, it works pretty well. 

Breathing techniques are awesome, too.  I have actually lowered my blood pressure in a doctor's office by simply breathing correctly.  The nurse was impressed.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Between some personal health issues, a job I am less than satisfied with and searching for new employment, I feel pretty overwhelmed.

I manage by spending quality time with the kids (and consciously putting the stress aside), exercise, talking with my hubby, very ok by good sleep and a glass of wine now and then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN