Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Day care...Overnight Camp

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay, not exactly what you are thinking. I am looking into boarding my dog for a weekend so she isn't stuck inside the whole weekend. I found this really cool place called Camp Bow Wow. They havew webcams and all that so you can see your pup while they are there. They require an "interview" of 3 or more hours to see how she behaves and gets along with staff. So since I will be working all day, she gets a free day of doggie day care and time to play with other dogs. My other dog is 13, so not as playful as a 1 year old.
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I'm sure the dogs will have lots of fun.

Not at all.what I was thinking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Very cool! Our dog does NOT do well at the boarders, so we usually look at places that allow dogs when we vacation. For shorter trips my parents watch him.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM
That's nice they have an interview. I'm worried about boarding our cat this summer, last summer we took him with us to Niagara, but he was alone in the hotel Alot.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Fun :) We have some places around us that do the web cam as well. Before kids, we thought about sending our dog there during the days she was locked up for 8 hours (which wasn't too often). However, she does so much better in a personal home.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I had my dog in day care when he was a puppy...pre kids. I stopped sending him when I would get reports about how he would sleep all day on the chair in the sun...he can do that at home was my thought. Now he is a grumpy old man who doesn't get along with most other dogs. Thankfully my parents or inlaws always watch him for us
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I wish I could send my dog to a boarder, but I don't know how he'd act with other dogs. Maybe I should take him to a place and find out in case my parents can't watch him next time I have to leave.

mickstinator
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

thre are a lot of doggie daycares where i work in downtown dallas. people love to give their pets good attention! i take one of my dogs to work with me. the other sleeps all day in her kennel. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)