Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

PLEASE HELP first job and depression (UPDATE)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 13 Replies

Well i have had two other jobs but I quit them im not going to sugar coat it; I quit them because I was overwhelmed. I never worked before i just been a SAHM and i quit after two or three weeks. It was hard but i missed having a job so i got a new one last week in a restaurant that is fast pace. I am so stressed. im new at all this and its a really hard job but work is work i know its not easy. I am so tired i miss my kids being able to be home clean the house and have time. I have cried so much today i missed work today. I have thought about quiting but i dont want to hurt my work history any worst i know its hard enough to get a job as is but i need help what can i do to feel better will this pass

UPDATE....

Well i got a call from my boss she wants me at work by 5  am tomorrow and she might let me off at 1 Im really feeling overwhelmed now and my live in babysitter(cousin) is wanting to move out so i dont know what to do about a sitter and i dont make enough for daycare i dont know what to do

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The only thing I can suggest is try to stick it out, you might find that you like it. You'll maybe make friends, and everything will get easier. Starting a new job is always going to be hard and overwhelming, but once you get settled in, everything just falls into place.

Good luck!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
It gets easier as you go on. Set up a cleaning schedule for yourself and have everyone pitch in to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

you just do it...working (most of the time) isn't fun. especially when you have a family and other responsibilities to take care of. but you just be an adult and suck it up and do it.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

The only thing to do is really just stick it out.  It is always hard at first to go back to work - any kind of work - but you have to give it time and give it a chance if it's something that you want to do.  Yes, it is overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it and get into a schedule it becomes easier. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

It is tough, no doubt. Hang in there and keep going back. New jobs always take some getting used to. Keep at it - you might like it after a few weeks. And try not to worry so much and be so hard on yourself for not being home with your kids. They are resilient and will be proud of Mommy and her new job!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Do you absolutely HAVE to work?  It sounds like you may be better suited - at least for now - either doing part-time work or volunteering.  That would give you the opportunity to get out in the community and get experience working while not completely overwhelming you.

What I can say for sure, is that if you keep quitting, you'll never really give yourself a chance to succeed.  If you want to work - you need to stick with something.  It does get easier...

HippieHolly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

thank you all so much im going to stick it out im a grow woman i need to help my DH and do my part as an adult. I hope you all are right about it getting better i do hate feeling like this

HippieHolly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM

No i dont my DH says a can be at SAHM he said i can quit if i want to but i dont know

Quoting the3Rs:

Do you absolutely HAVE to work?  It sounds like you may be better suited - at least for now - either doing part-time work or volunteering.  That would give you the opportunity to get out in the community and get experience working while not completely overwhelming you.

What I can say for sure, is that if you keep quitting, you'll never really give yourself a chance to succeed.  If you want to work - you need to stick with something.  It does get easier...

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I agree with the poster who below says to stick .it out. Once after being a sahm for a few years, I got a .job at a large retail store. During my training week, every kid and dh got the flu from hades, and so I had to ask for days off after day 1. They were really nice about it , then I got the flu.....the store was still saying, don't worry, come back when your fine, but I felt terrible about not being a good worker and couldn't even predict when the flu would stop cycling through because everyday, somebody else was throwing up. so I told them to go ahead and close me .out. then I felt as though I was a failure. Funny how your mind doesn't help you sometimes. Don't give up. It will get better and easier.

Quoting HippieHolly:

No i dont my DH says a can be at SAHM he said i can quit if i want to but i dont know

Quoting the3Rs:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Take a deep breath, go in at 5 tomorrow. It will be ok, just take each day at a time, it will work out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN