Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spongebob crocs

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 24 Replies

My two year old found this old pair of spongebob crocs my mother got for my 5 year old when he was smaller. Brody is OBSESSED with them. I have never been a fan of crocs, nor spongebob. I really hate seeing him wear those ugly things to every damn place we go, but it's hard enough to convince him to take them off at bedtime, let alone anywhere else. Lol! 

I love that he's asserting himself and expressing his interests and tastes, but couldn't he fall in love with his adorable chucks or his animal print toms? he doesn't even know who spongebob is! haha. 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeydewmommy
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I agree crocs are terrible!! I cannot allow my son to wear them. They are bulky and soooooooooooooooo ugly I don't care what character put on them. He got some as a gift last year, I regifted them at a birthday party. LOL 

Is there anyway to get them to switch to flipflops or regular sandles with thier fave characters on them. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I hate Crocs too. My ds begged for them and wore them everyday. I just let him, it's not a battle worth fighting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

lol I am not a fan of crocs OR spongebob. DD had them when she was little because my mom got them for her, but thankfully she doesn't want anything to do with them now.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM

LOL!  Crocs don't stay on DD's feet. 

mickstinator
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

LOL!  Crocs don't stay on DD's feet. 

i think these are just slightly too small for him, so they are wedged on there. haha. you'd think it would add to the reasons to NOT wear them, but he still insists.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Haha!! Crocs are more tolerable than Spongebob, if I had to pick. I let my hatred of Spongebob be known to all family so we don't end up with anything related to him. Haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

I hate Crocs too. My ds begged for them and wore them everyday. I just let him, it's not a battle worth fighting.

it's definitely not. i need to hide them better when he isn't around. he keeps catching me sticking them in the closet and then wants to put them on again. lol.

mickstinator
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rissarin:

Haha!! Crocs are more tolerable than Spongebob, if I had to pick. I let my hatred of Spongebob be known to all family so we don't end up with anything related to him. Haha.

I know, right? combining the two is a work of the devil! haha. i feel the need to explain to everyone who sees him that i had no part in buying those things, nor do i support the wearing of them. blech! 

mickstinator
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting leahbeah143:

lol I am not a fan of crocs OR spongebob. DD had them when she was little because my mom got them for her, but thankfully she doesn't want anything to do with them now.

leave it to moms to get those difficult gifts. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Crocs are so ugly! Is there any way they could get "lost" some night while he's in bed?? I know, that's a bad thing for me to say, but sometimes it's so tempting to "misplace" these things!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)