Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

procrastination at tax time

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

My DH just dropped off our tax documents to file with the accountant, lol. Every year we wait longer and longer, haha, next year we might file an extension if we keep this up, HAHA.

My DH and I have a bet, on how much we will have to pay. I hope he wins because his amount is much lower!!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Our taxes are not done yet either. We dropped them off mid-February.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM
We filed our own in early Feb. and got our refund within a week. I can't imagine waiting...even the couple of years we owed we filed early to get it over with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I know, we owe lots though, it is no fun, DH likes to keep that money as long as he can, lol.

Quoting the3Rs:

We filed our own in early Feb. and got our refund within a week. I can't imagine waiting...even the couple of years we owed we filed early to get it over with.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I give my paperwork to my dad (my accountant lol) as soon as I get it.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I finally filed ours Sunday. I still haven't written and mailed the check.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

We haven't done ours yet. On the schedule for this weekend. We have NEVER waited this long. Hello, anxiety!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Filing an extension isn't too bad, we looked into, so don't stress, it's not worth it, lol.

Quoting Loveplusmama:

We haven't done ours yet. On the schedule for this weekend. We have NEVER waited this long. Hello, anxiety!

rockinstylist33
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM
You can still file early and not pay right away. You could pay later as long as it's by the April 15th deadline.But i feel ya.

Quoting Marti123:

I know, we owe lots though, it is no fun, DH likes to keep that money as long as he can, lol.

Quoting the3Rs:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I want to throw money at the problem, but DH didn't like that idea. :-) 

Quoting Marti123:

Filing an extension isn't too bad, we looked into, so don't stress, it's not worth it, lol.

Quoting Loveplusmama:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, but after my bill last year, I was so sad and depressed, so I'd rather just sit here hopeful and in denial as long as possible = ) 

Quoting rockinstylist33:

You can still file early and not pay right away. You could pay later as long as it's by the April 15th deadline.But i feel ya.

Quoting Marti123:

Quoting the3Rs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)