Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been MIA

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

This past weekend was pretty good. I spent some time with my bro, niece and nephews. Then I also spent a little time with my sil. I'm trying to still have a relationship with her since we used to be closer but it's hard not to want to hit her for making my bro cry. I also went to my bro's church on Sunday where the sermon was about forgiveness. It was definitely something that I needed to hear.

My bro and his 3 babies

Love this pic of my bro and his oldest

Sunday night my bro went with DS, DH and me over to the inlaw's for my birthday dinner. Nothing like yummy steak and baked potatoes for dinner :) I also got 2 sets of pots and pans from my inlaws. DS even gave me a present. Granted it was a swollen and bruised lip lol. I was leaning down to pick him up just as he decided to jump.

This week has been pretty quiet so far. I haven't been able to get online while at work since I was training someone and figured I'd better set a good example. Of course we both ended up bored. I pulled out my book and he was playing on his Nintendo DS lol.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Welcome back!  I'm glad you brother got to spend time with his kiddos.  Have things settled down between them?

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Great pictures, glad you had a nice week-end!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM

They've been talking and thankfully it's been civil. They do have group therapy tomorrow so we'll see what happens then. My sil has been skyping with my bro so that he can see the kids everyday that way. As far as everything else, she's still saying at least 6 months to a year but she is letting him plan something for their anniversary on the 16th. My bro called me yesterday because he was having a down day and kept saying "what if I do everything she asks and it's still not enough?" I don't know what to tell him but I do listen to him when he needs to talk. I've never been in his situation so I don't feel that I should really be the one to try to give him any advice, ya know?

Quoting deccaf:

Welcome back!  I'm glad you brother got to spend time with his kiddos.  Have things settled down between them?

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I'm glad she's letting him see the kids now. It sounds like they need to go to individual and couples therapy.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

They both saw the therapist separately and today they go in for a group meeting. I guess we'll see what happens later.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm glad she's letting him see the kids now. It sounds like they need to go to individual and couples therapy.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Welcome back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)