Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A/C out at the office

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 25 Replies
The a/c at our clinic went out yesterday. The temperature was above 80 yesterday afternoon. The ppl we lease the space from has called the a/c repair man but we have no idea when it will be fixed. Today the high is suppose to be 88. I live in the south so the humidity is awful! I plan to leave early today but my boss wants me to use my PTO time. I feel that he should pay me without me using time bc working in these conditions are completely unfair. I understand he can't control the a/c going out but it happens every year 2-3 times a year!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
It sounds like the owners of the building aren't doing their jobs. Your boss needs to put a little pressure on them if this is a continuous problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Now I wouldn't mind that at all!  I am usually cold, and have my heater on even in the summer.  I lived in Vegas for a few years.  DH kept the AC very cold.  When the upstairs AC went out, I loved it. But I was the only one who would sleep up there, so I missed my DH. 

Hope it gets better. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It's 42 and rainy here today. Wish we needed the AC!

Sorry you're hot though. That's no fun.

honeydewmommy
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I feel ur pain. Heat index gets about 127 in august and my AC goes out every other year. DH's company had to move offices last year because the AC kept going out in the rental space. Eventually never got fixed. 

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It sucks, but I have never been able to leave when the a/c is out, unless the power is also out and doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon.

I would be as obnoxious as possible, and use the loudest box fan I could find.

TS9509
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I really wish he would bc we are the ones dealing with it and not him

Quoting cjsmom1:

It sounds like the owners of the building aren't doing their jobs. Your boss needs to put a little pressure on them if this is a continuous problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Unless tour job description included having constant air conditioning, you need to use pto. People work in hotter, damp conditions all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I'm a very hot natured person. I got it from my dad. When I get hot I get grumpy lol

Quoting deccaf:

Now I wouldn't mind that at all!  I am usually cold, and have my heater on even in the summer.  I lived in Vegas for a few years.  DH kept the AC very cold.  When the upstairs AC went out, I loved it. But I was the only one who would sleep up there, so I missed my DH. 

Hope it gets better. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I could deal with the 42 but not the rain! I'm not a big fan of rain bc my dogs won't go outside without a fight lol

Quoting adamsmom0116:

It's 42 and rainy here today. Wish we needed the AC!

Sorry you're hot though. That's no fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I really wish out boss would move our clinic. This is a yearly thing and more than once a year. It's annoying to us as the staff and our patients. Most of the time we end up canceling patients bc it's to hot for them to be here.

Quoting honeydewmommy:

I feel ur pain. Heat index gets about 127 in august and my AC goes out every other year. DH's company had to move offices last year because the AC kept going out in the rental space. Eventually never got fixed. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)