Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

You never realize how much it affects you

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 17 Replies
I was sitting here reading an article written by someone who was near the explosions in Boston and started crying. I feel so bad for the runners, their families, their friends, the spectators, and the city of Boston. I was fifteen when 9/11 happened and I went to school in NYC. I remember the smells from the train when I finally got to go home. I remember all the heartbreaking letters I'd see in the subway everyday when I went to and from school. All the funerals that took place after the attacks. As much as I want to say I wasn't affected I was. And terrible events like this only remind us of those feelings. Sadly being a NYer has made me more aware of these tragic feelings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yep my heart hurt when i found out about the poor little 8 yr old boy that was waiting for his Daddy at the finishing line and just picturing him smiling and holding up a sign and a bottle of water.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM
It's very sad. There is no sense in any violence. And yet human nature remains petty, grievance driven and twisted. Apparently we never do better making sure all the children grow up kind, empathuc and nurturing. some fall through the cracksand become evil doers.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM
It's so sad. His wife had to have brain surgery and his daughter was hurt too.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Yep my heart hurt when i found out about the poor little 8 yr old boy that was waiting for his Daddy at the finishing line and just picturing him smiling and holding up a sign and a bottle of water.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Sometimes you do the best you can as a parent, but it's not enough. Other times it's the parents who teach hate, violence, and ignorance.

Quoting calsmom62:

It's very sad. There is no sense in any violence. And yet human nature remains petty, grievance driven and twisted. Apparently we never do better making sure all the children grow up kind, empathuc and nurturing. some fall through the cracksand become evil doers.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:49 AM
It is so sad.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

extremely sad!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Very heartbreaking for those families :(

lilbit53009
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

i agree. i live in Boston and everyday since it's happened i find myself constantly thinking about it. the little boy that died lived around the corner from me and the vigil last night was at the park down the street. it was amazing how many people were there and so touching. 

there's an erie feeling in our city right now. and although i don't personally know any that was hurt or killed it still feels so heavy in my heart.  I know the funeral for Martin will be around here, and I'll see the procession and everything and that will be on the of the hardest things to actually see in this.

ugh it's just awful.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I'm sorry it brought back memories.  I know when I read stories, I get choked up, but I think it's easier for me because I haven't been that close to something like that.  It's still removed from me.  I hope you can process it and put those feelings to something productive, like helping out in some way. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I'm sorry. I can't imagine how hard it is on your community.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i agree. i live in Boston and everyday since it's happened i find myself constantly thinking about it. the little boy that died lived around the corner from me and the vigil last night was at the park down the street. it was amazing how many people were there and so touching. 

there's an erie feeling in our city right now. and although i don't personally know any that was hurt or killed it still feels so heavy in my heart.  I know the funeral for Martin will be around here, and I'll see the procession and everything and that will be on the of the hardest things to actually see in this.

ugh it's just awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)