Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Toxic Boss

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

I HAVE  A TOXIC BOSS

(always negative, no one is moving up,  no leadership, high turn over in employees )

Has anyone else experienced this. What have you done?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have not.  I'm sorry you have to deal with this. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My co-worker and I have a thing we do whenever our boss starts getting bajiggity ~ we say Zen lol We don't have high turnover, but she REALLY has to be in control and will argue to the death about something. And she gets mad over the smallest things sometimes. We just say zen, take some deep breaths, and put our headphones in.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say any of my bosses are toxic but one is a drama queen.

She walks around all day saying how busy she is and that she has to stay late every day to get her work done.  One day I would love to say:

"Maybe you should come in before 9:30, do less walking around & talking about how busy you are and more sitting at your desk & working.  Oh - and you might also try to stop taking a 2 hour break in the middle of every day as well.  Then maybe you could leave at the same time as the rest of us.  Just saying.."

But I'd like to keep my job.  LOL  Besides, I really like her - she has a big heart.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

LOL!

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I wouldn't say any of my bosses are toxic but one is a drama queen.

She walks around all day saying how busy she is and that she has to stay late every day to get her work done.  One day I would love to say:

"Maybe you should come in before 9:30, do less walking around & talking about how busy you are and more sitting at your desk & working.  Oh - and you might also try to stop taking a 2 hour break in the middle of every day as well.  Then maybe you could leave at the same time as the rest of us.  Just saying.."

But I'd like to keep my job.  LOL  Besides, I really like her - she has a big heart.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Sorry you are experiencing this.......

Is there anything you can control? Your education, your benefits, your specific role, your job hunting..... etc. focus on those things. Usually this means eventually moving on to a different job.

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have experienced people like this.  It usually brings the whole department down.  The only thing you can do is try to remain positive as best you can.  Maybe take it as a sign it's time to move on.

Connect with me.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I have one also. She's always defensive, never supportive, and very difficult to talk to. We have tried working with her (she's been in this position almost 5 years), talked with her supervisor, and filed formal complaints to the president of the company. Nothing has changed. Our turnover rate is astronomical. And the #2 reason people leave is her, behind money. Teaching jobs are hard to come by here but I've been looking elsewhere for a few months now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I found a new job. I can't stand working for.someone like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littleangie
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I work with toxic and lazy co-workers.  Bosses are okay.  They leave me alone because they know I work hard. 

Vian512
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes God puts us under pressure to prepare us for tomorrow,mine is like that too and might be worse but has a mothery heart.
Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)