Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Mortgage Update

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

In case you were curious. I spent 40 minutes on the phone again with them today. This guy was more helpful than the last person I spoke with, but it still took time to get him to understand what happened. He finally said he thinks they can help and will reverse the charges put towards my principle and apply them to payments, which means I have overpaid $3317 in the lat 6 months and I don't have a payment for 2 months. Problem is, thats not right either!! Seriously...

banging head into wall

However, with the baby coming, if they want to let me out of an extra month of payments, Its better than an extra $1600. However, he said he has to have a supervisor review it and that can take up to 14 days. The "due" date is May 1 for my next payment but he said if I pay it before then, it will just get charged again to principle. So really I have until the 15th of may to pay my amount before it hits any late fees or anything (grace period). So, their due date means jack squat. So, I can wait the 2 weeks, and if I have to, I can still get a payment in. Oh yeah, and he also suggested I use THEIR online system to make my payment instead of my bank so there is no delay. Right....after all of this, I'm going to eliminate my paper trail. Uh huh. Yeah, are you confusing me with my 3 year old? I'm not that dumb! So, I wait. I've done what I can for now.

*EDIT* I just realize I insulted my 3 year old. He's not that dumb either!! :)

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I'm sorry. I really hope they can get it all straightened out for you

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
At least they are now trying to help. Maybe try talking to a supervisor next!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I think I'm done trying if this doesn't work out. I ended up late to a conference call trying to deal with it today and I don't think my boss was very happy about it :( I figured it would take 20 minutes...not 40+!  I will end up calling if it doesn't show up on our onine statement but I'm not going to push it anymore. I'm so tired of having to call people for screwing with my money!

Quoting deccaf:

At least they are now trying to help. Maybe try talking to a supervisor next!

mamajody9
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Sounds like you've made some progress!

FYI - ALL mortgage payments give you that two week grace period...they just don't like to tell you that :)

Find out what toxins are hiding in your products at www.ewg.org. For skin/body/baby/home products WITHOUT toxic chemicals, visit www.AvaAndersonMA.com

MsMimna
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Oh, how I feel your pain..... Mortgage Company's can talk out of both sides of their mouth and still think what they are doing is right or helpful. I hope it gets straightened out for you. You definetly don't need added stress right now !! Big Huggs :)) Best of Luck !!

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Ugh, that's super frustrating
rissarin
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I lol'ed at your edit. ;)

I hope everything works out. I have a headache just reading about the problem! Ugh.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM

jeez I hope they can get it figured out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)