Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Good reason to leave job?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:52 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
So i work in a care center as a CNA and for about 6 months there has been an on going health issue passed from resident to workers and it seems like no matter how much i try to bring it up the bosses just pass it off and it gets thrown under the rug. Well the issue is not a small matter. Its scabies. Now i am a clean freak and I have torn my house apart cleaning, bombing and treating everything! I have taken my family to the DR numerous times over this issue and brought the matter up to my boss. But the residents keep giving me this "issue" and i obviously keep bringing it home. I am at the breaking point now and i dont know what else to do to solve this problem but to quit my job and have my family treated yet again and hope that by not having contact with the source it will finally be done with. So do you think quiting is one of my only solutions? My job doesnt seem to care too much considering they dont have contact with the residents that have this.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MayMommy07
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Gross! Maybe it is time to look for a new one....
momof3198
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:36 AM
if you state is anything like mine the have ombudsman's that you can report things like this too. I would also talk to the nure and put this issue in the residents adl in the note section those things are legal documents. Also doctors look at those whenever they see a resident for anything. the ombudsman would be anon while notes are not anon but if you have already reported then that shouldn't be a problem. If all of the above fails call state and report them because even if you quit the residents will still have this horrible problem and it needs to be taken care of
meekmommy1210
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:29 AM

have u ever thought about working from home? i got tired of cooperate and i started realizing what was most important....she is the reason i push myself so hard everyday

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I would report it to the ombudsman like another poster said. I would look for a new job because there's no reason for your family to keep getting it.
Nena70
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Do The Right Thing!!

I would tell her that if this is not handled, you will go to her boss. It is an infectious health issue.

It can be reported to the state ,anonymously if you don't want them to know.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Couple of things, first this should be reported to charge nurses and mass treatments should be underway. It is an immense amount of work. The medical director shoud be involved.

Second, scabies can be hard to treat. Are you putting your premtherin crearm on everyone, leave it on overnight. then you are correct, It lives on inanimate objects, i.e. carpets, couches, clothes, all bedding for 72 hours!! Bug bombs do nothing for scabies. You have to vacuum of avoid all of those things for 3 days, then 2 weeks later re-treat everybody and clean again. And last case scenario, some of these bugs are resistant to this med, so if that is not working, keep it in mind.

Good luck!
Vian512
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I agree with Nena.

Quoting Nena70:

Do The Right Thing!!

I would tell her that if this is not handled, you will go to her boss. It is an infectious health issue.

It can be reported to the state ,anonymously if you don't want them to know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evelynolivesmom
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I would report the hell out of this and then get reimbursed all treatment costs.

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Make sure you're documenting everything. Then I'd talk to your supervisors and their supervisors if needed and let them know this is a serious health issue and if no action is taken you will go other routes to get it corrected to keep you and your family safe. Call the department if health and/or labor to voice your concerns if it needs to go that far. But I'd be careful how you go about it. If I stirred up issues like that at work I'd most likely face repercussions---even if they are valid issues.
mamabear0791
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I would definitely think it is a reason to quit. I would also look into reporting to social service group. It sounds like someone somewhere is dropping the ball.

I have a severe allergic reaction to the cream they use to treat scabies, so I would have to quit after the second time....my doctor would see to that.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN