Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sign-up

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
At 8:00am this morning I'm taking my 9 year old to sign up for football for next year (4th grade next year). I'm happy that he wants to do it - not so happy that it's $120...plus shoes. *sigh*. Oh well.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Well, he's all signed up & fitted for the uniform. He doesn't start practice until July though. He's pretty excited - hope he still is come July!
rissarin
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yay! I am not looking forward to dishing out so much money for sports. But at this point we only have one kid, and maybe only one forever, and I can maybe deal with spending it on only one. Haha!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Thanks for reminding me. My ds was talking about doing football also, I think it's only $50.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM

$120 doesn't seem terrible...we usually pay around $10 per class for DS, so each 6 week session runs me $60 and thats for one day a week for 45 minutes. I bet you are going to have a lot more time commitment than that! Thats the part I'm not looking forward to.

I hope he enjoys it!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Hope he has fun!

I know the fees add up though, don't they? And they want my 5 yo to buy soccer cleats, really? I mean the just now really understands he only wants the ball to go in the opponents goal, will shoes make that big of a difference?
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I signed both of my boys up for football yesterday~ one's in his 3rd year of tackle. He's so happy he's "varsity" (6th grade) this year, lol. My younger son is playing flag again this year, he played when he was in 1st, took a break this year and is trying it again in 3rd.

I paid $105. for both boys registration. I'll get cleats, mouth guards and all of that closer to August when they start practicing. Is your son's league Pop Warner?

flutter523
by Tracy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It's crazy how expensive sports are but I think it's worth it. All kids need a physical outlet IMO. My DS is 3 and just started baseball and I'm thinking of gymnastics in the fall for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)