Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Ordering problems

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

I bought a pair of 8 1/2 shoes.  I waited 2 weeks (!!) for them to arrive.  Meanwhile, my current shoes are falling apart since I wear shoes OUT!  They finally arrive yesterday.  I open the box, excited to get them and try them on.  They are so tight.  I look at the box, yep, it says 8 1/2.  Did my feet suddenly swell?  Do the shoes run that small?  I look IN the shoe to find that they are 7 1/2. 

I email the company to let them know.  They respond that they will refund the cost of the shoes, but not shipping unless it was there mistake.  I reply that it is clearly their mistake to send a 7 1/2 in an 8 1/2 box.  After making a call, I get a return shipping label sent.  Sadly, they have no 8 1/2's in stock.  I suggested they look in boxes marked 7 1/2, since there is a pair misplaced!  Oh well, at least I get a refund.  And I have now ordered through Zappos.

***Edit to add that I was joking with her when I made the suggestion about looking in boxes.  After rereading this, I realized it could have come off sounding like I was being snarky.  The CSR was very pleasant, and appreciated that I was not being a rude dissatisfied customer.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mickstinator
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM

oh, good lord. i am the person on the other end of those calls for my company, so i can relate to the plight of the CSR, but that is quite a silly response! what a pain to have to start over after all this time. they should have given you a credit for your time.  : /

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

She told me how much she appreciated me being understanding and pleasant and how rare that is.  Maybe since I was nice, she will take a little time if they get an order in to see if it has 8 1/2's.

Quoting mickstinator:

oh, good lord. i am the person on the other end of those calls for my company, so i can relate to the plight of the CSR, but that is quite a silly response! what a pain to have to start over after all this time. they should have given you a credit for your time.  : /

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I just ordered jeans today and I am praying that I don't have any trouble with them!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Where did you order from?  I have been buying from Levis.com and had no issues.  Size is right, price is great, and they arrive on time in great condition.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I just ordered jeans today and I am praying that I don't have any trouble with them!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Buckle.com. I love that I can get  a 37" inseam, but I don't necessarily love how much that costs me lol

Quoting deccaf:

Where did you order from?  I have been buying from Levis.com and had no issues.  Size is right, price is great, and they arrive on time in great condition.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Glad they worked with you.

I love Zappos!

flutter523
by Tracy on May. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
That's why I prefer shopping in store when I can. I hate the hassle of things not fitting
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I would have hated waiting so long only to get the wrong size. I hope the next pair you order is the right size.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN