Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Garage Sale anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
Our town has a town-wide garage sale every year. I've participated a few times & I am again this year to hopefully sell our bunks (we've sold lots of big ticket items at these things).

But this year we don't have much else to sell...some dish sets, maybe some outgrown coats/snowpants/boots...but we've donated all the outgrown clothes and many, many toys.

Any ideas for what else would be good to round out our sale? You name it, we probably have it buried around here somewhere, LOL
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Old kitchen appliances (microwave, mixers, etc)
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Hmmm...we do have two can openers but only use one, we have a quesadilla maker we never use & 3 crockpots & we only use 2 of them.

Great idea! Thanks!!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Old kitchen appliances (microwave, mixers, etc)
rissarin
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I live for rummage sales. My favorite summer past time. ;)

Any home decor you could part with? Lamps? Movies, books? Games? Baskets? Lawn ornaments you don't put out?
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Definitely movies & books. I'll have to think if there is any unused home/lawn decor I could part with.

Thanks!!

Quoting rissarin:

I live for rummage sales. My favorite summer past time. ;)

Any home decor you could part with? Lamps? Movies, books? Games? Baskets? Lawn ornaments you don't put out?
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM

DH is trying to organize a garage sale too. We have WAAAY too much stuff in our house. Some of the items in the sale boxes are: old games and puzzles, toys that are no longer used, clothing, small furniture pieces (end tables and such), kitchen things that I have way too many of (I don't need 8 cookie sheets; probably 3-4 is plenty! - same with pitchers and pizza pans), books, DVD's.....Does that help any?

Good luck at the sale!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Definitely helps!  Thanks and good luck on your sale as well :)

Quoting adamsmom0116:

DH is trying to organize a garage sale too. We have WAAAY too much stuff in our house. Some of the items in the sale boxes are: old games and puzzles, toys that are no longer used, clothing, small furniture pieces (end tables and such), kitchen things that I have way too many of (I don't need 8 cookie sheets; probably 3-4 is plenty! - same with pitchers and pizza pans), books, DVD's.....Does that help any?

Good luck at the sale!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Your old table?  Books. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I thought about the old table, but even if I sold that and combined it with what I earned selling my other table, it wouldn't be enough to buy the table I *want*.

So, I'm sticking with the old one and setting aside extra $$ for my table fund - someday.  :)

Quoting deccaf:

Your old table?  Books. 

mommy2zbg
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

since it's getting close to summer and people will be outside more,,, what about yard ornaments or furniture.. or anything you can use outside... rake, shovel, water hose, or outside TOYs for the kids...

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hmmm...we do have an old patio set in the rafters of the garage that we could clean up and sell.  I'll check for unused outdoor toys.  Thanks!

Quoting mommy2zbg:

since it's getting close to summer and people will be outside more,,, what about yard ornaments or furniture.. or anything you can use outside... rake, shovel, water hose, or outside TOYs for the kids...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)