Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Pulling my hair out!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 13 Replies

Without going into too much detail - I'm ready to SCREAM.

- last night - during dinner - I receive a text from boss informing me I need to read an urgent email.  Really?  I'm having DINNER with my FAMILY right now.

- this morning I'm informed that a group of us are required to attend something (online).  I attend - I'm the only one here from the group.  Boss says - we don't expect there to be a lot of traffic - just let us know if anyone (clients) show up.  What???  We're ALL supposed to staff this, but because I'm the ONLY one that showed - I have to stay and let you know if you're needed?!!!?  That was NOT the plan

- Dates for a big project apparently changed - in a meeting without me - and no one bothered to tell me - so now I look like an idiot for giving others the wrong dates.

Let the hair pulling COMMENCE.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yikes! Sounds like the boss needs to start communicating more effectively.  Sorry you are dealing with this.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM

oh man, that sucks!

paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I am having an I want to lay down kicking and screaming kind of day as well.  I need to get payroll done today before 5pm and am having a hard time trying to figure out these guys time cards.  I work with all males which isnt any better.  Then I go to pick up a vechile that is not there only to find out that someone else from my company went and picked it up.   Yeah me because I just wasted 15 mins. of my day.  Good thing I am out to lunch right now.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Of course when I get back I have a mountain of paperwork to do and end of the month billing as well.  Which I am sure wont be right either cause I dont have all the info I need.  Hang in there momma, hope your day gets better.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

That would be so annoying. I think your manager needs to learn to communicate better so that everyone is on the same page

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Yikes!  Hope your day gets better, too!

Quoting paytonleximomma:

I am having an I want to lay down kicking and screaming kind of day as well.  I need to get payroll done today before 5pm and am having a hard time trying to figure out these guys time cards.  I work with all males which isnt any better.  Then I go to pick up a vechile that is not there only to find out that someone else from my company went and picked it up.   Yeah me because I just wasted 15 mins. of my day.  Good thing I am out to lunch right now.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Of course when I get back I have a mountain of paperwork to do and end of the month billing as well.  Which I am sure wont be right either cause I dont have all the info I need.  Hang in there momma, hope your day gets better.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM

That sounds like it is very frustrtating.

flutter523
by Tracy on May. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
That sounds really annoying! Hopefully all your days aren't like that
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM

They didn't used to be - but lately they just keep heading downhill like this.  :(

Quoting flutter523:

That sounds really annoying! Hopefully all your days aren't like that

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

It sounds like your boss needs to work on his communication.

Medusa686
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Your boss sounds like a moron.  I couldn't stay working there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)