Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Yahoo CEO offering longer paid maternity leave

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of this?

The Yahoo CEO who ended telecommuting two months ago, is now giving moms and dads 8 weeks of paid maternity leave with paid benefits for each new baby. Moms are also receiving an additional 8 weeks of paid time off.

Do you wish your company offered leave to mom and dad plus additional time for moms?

by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (11-12):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Because I switched jobs, my short term disability does not take effect, so I won't get any maternity leave this time paid. It will hurt financially, but it is what it is. With that said, my company is fairly flexible on working from home. They demand a lot, but set you up so you can do work off-site. Because of this, I will be able to keep up with projects while I'm out, which means I won't come back to a huge pile of work and issues. My last job was flipped where they were 100% inflexible on working from home, but I got 6 weeks maternity leave. I prefer my current set up with working from home because it serves to work with all around home life instead of just 1 single event in your life.

Mommabearbergh
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM
We have unpaid maternity leave so I have to save all my days so when they pay out I have enough to cover for the three weeks I intend to be out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN