Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you ever feel the need to unplug?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

Once in awhile I take a technology break, no internet, no tv, no cell (outside of the needed things to do for work) It seems to rejuvinate me and make me feel like I have more balance. 

Am I the only one? 

by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flutter523
by Tracy on May. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I never really have but in the summer I tend to be more unplugged than in the winter
kearaloves1
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

nope it completely distracts me sometimes so i dont want to do it instead i hang out with my babies!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
No, I feel guilty and stressed without my smart phone.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I need to do it, but I never have

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Sometimes I think it would be nice, but i never do

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
No. Although I should. I do it for a couple hrs of the day to do homework.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't the only one!

Every once in a while I unplug.  I find it rejuvenating and refreshing.  I feel that because we live in such a technological world and we're always connected, it just adds to our stress and complicates life.  So, sometimes just unplugging is a good way to release all of that and just focusing on the simple things helps to re-center. 

I know, for me, once I get home I rarely (if ever) turn on the computer.  I'm on it all day, 5 days a week so I make it a rule to not get on once I get home unless it's really truly necessary.  Otherwise, I'll sometimes do weekends where we all unplug and it's nice.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I sort of do that on the weekends. I'll check fb on my phone but I won't get onto the actual laptop unless DS is taking a nap.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a nice thought, but I don't know how that would work in our life.  It was much nicer when landlines were the only phones and the internet wasn't around.  (Am I dating myself here?)

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting deccaf:

I think it is a nice thought, but I don't know how that would work in our life.  It was much nicer when landlines were the only phones and the internet wasn't around.  (Am I dating myself here?)

i refuse to take my cell phone inside stores, there is nothing that is so important that cannot wait until I am done with my groceries or whatever. I don't like being available 24/7. 

Yes, it was so much nicer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN