Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those with school-age kids

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

When is their last day?

I've always felt school should end at Memorial day as the 1-2 weeks in June are essentially worthless.  But, alas, my kids' school doesn't agree and they go until June 12th.  ugh.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM

We have kids in 2 districts. One is out the 22nd. The other the 23rd. Seniors and 8th graders are out the Friday before.

A friend of mine about 45 miles away has kids who get out the 14th. Another neighboring town got out the 2nd of May, but they are building a new building or doing some renovation or something. So that's a 1-time thing.

Around here we are always out before Memorial Day, and start back up mid-August.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM

June 5. Some school districts here still get out at the end of May. Even when I was in school, I don't remember getting out before Memorial Day.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Neither did I but I know lots of schools that do, and it just makes sense to me to do that.

Quoting andrea96:

June 5. Some school districts here still get out at the end of May. Even when I was in school, I don't remember getting out before Memorial Day.

mickstinator
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM

My sister is a senior this year. Her last day is June 7th and she graduates June 10th - a Monday. I think it's really weird. I was never still in school in June.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM

June 19th

ms-superwoman
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

June 4th here.

Come join us!

Butt 'N Gut

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I got out in June, but didn't start back until Labor Day. I like that better than starting back in mid-Aug and getting out before Memorial Day. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

When I went to school we went after Labor Day and were done right around Memorial Day. I actually graduated May 23 (my grandma's birthday)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM
We're using an online public school and they finish in the middle of June. However, he'll be done with all his work tomorrow.
Bubbie0809
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My son is out on May 24 and my daughter May 30 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN