Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Those with school-age kids

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

When is their last day?

I've always felt school should end at Memorial day as the 1-2 weeks in June are essentially worthless.  But, alas, my kids' school doesn't agree and they go until June 12th.  ugh.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM

We have kids in 2 districts. One is out the 22nd. The other the 23rd. Seniors and 8th graders are out the Friday before.

A friend of mine about 45 miles away has kids who get out the 14th. Another neighboring town got out the 2nd of May, but they are building a new building or doing some renovation or something. So that's a 1-time thing.

Around here we are always out before Memorial Day, and start back up mid-August.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM

June 5. Some school districts here still get out at the end of May. Even when I was in school, I don't remember getting out before Memorial Day.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Neither did I but I know lots of schools that do, and it just makes sense to me to do that.

Quoting andrea96:

June 5. Some school districts here still get out at the end of May. Even when I was in school, I don't remember getting out before Memorial Day.

mickstinator
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM

My sister is a senior this year. Her last day is June 7th and she graduates June 10th - a Monday. I think it's really weird. I was never still in school in June.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM

June 19th

ms-superwoman
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

June 4th here.

Come join us!

Butt 'N Gut

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I got out in June, but didn't start back until Labor Day. I like that better than starting back in mid-Aug and getting out before Memorial Day. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

When I went to school we went after Labor Day and were done right around Memorial Day. I actually graduated May 23 (my grandma's birthday)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM
We're using an online public school and they finish in the middle of June. However, he'll be done with all his work tomorrow.
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My son is out on May 24 and my daughter May 30 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN