Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you get gifts for your lo's daycare teacher for mothers day?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 15 Replies
I don't know if this is a weird idea or not, but my ds is 2 & he has a bond with his teacher that is remarkable. I'm a little jealous lol. But anyway she is great & she does all the things that as a mom I wish I could do with him. He respects & admires her in just the same way he does with me. Would giving her a token of appreciation for being so amazing & basically acting as his 2nd mom 5 says a week be weird?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I don't do anything for mother's day, but I do for teacher appreciation day.

christyg
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its sweet. I have one little boy who at my daycare who usually insists that dad buy me a flower when they get them for mom. Its cute, but definitely not necessary or expected.

BabyRuca
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oh shoot, I didn't know there was a teachers appreciation day & I googled it. Apparently it was today?

Quoting deccaf:

I don't do anything for mother's day, but I do for teacher appreciation day.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I usually do something for teacher appreciation week and the end of the year.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Not for mother's day, but (and I know this is controversial) I write a very kind note to our daycare providers every holiday, saying thank you for helping raise my children, as I know they do not replace me, but play a huge role in assisting to teach and mentor my kids.
BabyRuca
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I really like that idea. I don't get how it's controversial. No matter how much we as working moms regret having to work sometimes, the fact is (at least for my family) my ds's daycare teacher basically is his 2nd mommy. She does all the things I would do with him if I didn't work & is amazing with my ds.

Quoting Marti123:

Not for mother's day, but (and I know this is controversial) I write a very kind note to our daycare providers every holiday, saying thank you for helping raise my children, as I know they do not replace me, but play a huge role in assisting to teach and mentor my kids.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Some moms get really upset, with the idea and accusations someone else is "raising my child", kwim?

Quoting BabyRuca:

I really like that idea. I don't get how it's controversial. No matter how much we as working moms regret having to work sometimes, the fact is (at least for my family) my ds's daycare teacher basically is his 2nd mommy. She does all the things I would do with him if I didn't work & is amazing with my ds.

Quoting Marti123:

BabyRuca
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Yeah I guess.. I think I've just accepted that though. I don't in any way think she fully replaces me, but I see that she does practically raise him. Dh & I work ft with frequent overtime so unfortunately I think my sons teacher spends more time with my son than I do...

Quoting Marti123:

Some moms get really upset, with the idea and accusations someone else is "raising my child", kwim?

Quoting BabyRuca:

Quoting Marti123:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We don't, but I don't see it being a bad idea

Medusa686
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

No way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN