Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Small changes

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

My small change for 3 weeks? Drink 3 of my water bottles worth of water EVERY DAY! 

After 21 days, it should be a habit and I can move on to another small change. 

I will take suggestions.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Go for it! 

If you are like a lot of people and are bored with water, also think about adding lemon or limes or even fruit to it.  It makes it more exciting.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I don't mind plain water.  Any sweetners make it taste gross to me.  My problem in drinking is remembering and not making a cup of coffee instead of water.  Maybe I will reward myself with a cup of coffee for every full bottle of water I drink. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Go for it! 

If you are like a lot of people and are bored with water, also think about adding lemon or limes or even fruit to it.  It makes it more exciting.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I would definitely set up a rewards system!  I always tell all my clients to set up rewards systems for themselves because it's a great motivator.

I know for me, I drink coffee in the morning and then that's usually it for the day.  The rest of the time it's water or something similar. 

Quoting deccaf:

I don't mind plain water.  Any sweetners make it taste gross to me.  My problem in drinking is remembering and not making a cup of coffee instead of water.  Maybe I will reward myself with a cup of coffee for every full bottle of water I drink. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Go for it! 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I LOVE coffee.  I may have a problem.  But I get no adverse affects from it, so I drink as I wish.  The good thing is that it is very low cal (black coffee).  At least I am not putting huge calories into my body as a reward for drinking water. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I would definitely set up a rewards system!  I always tell all my clients to set up rewards systems for themselves because it's a great motivator.

I know for me, I drink coffee in the morning and then that's usually it for the day.  The rest of the time it's water or something similar. 

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Go for it! 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I love coffee too!  It's sad because I can drink coffee right before bed and it has no effect on me so I can go straight to bed with no problems, but it's been like that since I was a kid.

Coffee in moderation is not bad for you actually and actually provides you with fiber and anti-oxidants (so long as you don't overload with other stuff in it).  I always tell people, take a look at what is approved in hospital diets and coffee is always on there (whether it be regular or decaf) because it DOES provide you with fiber and anti-oxidants so in moderation and without all the heavy additives like creamers and tons of sugar, you're okay.

Quoting deccaf:

I LOVE coffee.  I may have a problem.  But I get no adverse affects from it, so I drink as I wish.  The good thing is that it is very low cal (black coffee).  At least I am not putting huge calories into my body as a reward for drinking water. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Go for it! 

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I keep trying to do this too! I'll do really good for a few days, then I forget/lose interest in it.

paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

You can do it.  I started out drinking only 2 bottles a day now I probably drink about 8 24 oz bottles of water a day or more than that somedays.  I like to keep my system flushed out with water.  I do drink milk and have almost totally eliminated pop altogether.  You can do this.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I'm not much of a soda drinker, so that's good.  Coffee is my downfall.  And at home I will have [powerade.  That's a lot of calories to drink in one of those.  I need to start using my waterbottles at home, too.  But they come out and Steph ends up taking them.  The drink becomes hers, and I end up with a powerade anyway. 

Quoting paytonleximomma:

You can do it.  I started out drinking only 2 bottles a day now I probably drink about 8 24 oz bottles of water a day or more than that somedays.  I like to keep my system flushed out with water.  I do drink milk and have almost totally eliminated pop altogether.  You can do this.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
You can do it! I keep water with me at all times. I think rewarding yourself with coffee is a great idea.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
You can do it! I keep water with me at all times. I think rewarding yourself with coffee is a great idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN