Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Maternity leave?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 39 Replies

How far along were you when you stopped working?pregnant belly

How long was your maternity leave?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I worked up until the week I was induced. I told my job I was going in Wednesday to be induced and they told me to take the day before off and use PTO. I apparently only had 1 hour of PTO so that was worthless. At the time I worked Tues-Fri 230p-1230a.

I was only home with DS 6 weeks. It definitely wasn't long enough for me though. Only 4 weeks of it was paid because of my short term disability. I thought that it would be the 2 week waiting period before they paid and then they covered 6 weeks but nope...they counted the 2 weeks

aimesnyc
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I worked until the day before I was induced, and was home for about 10 weeks.  6 of those were paid, the last 4 were not.  Had to dig into my savings to pay rent. :-/

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I worked until 2 days before induction/c section with both kids. I took 12 weeks thanks to FMLA. only 8 weeks was paid the first time, but with my second I had 12 weeks paid because I had enough time banked.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Worked up until I gave birth. 42 days of paid maternity leave.
mickstinator
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Not so great!

With my first, I worked until two days before. I was 39w 2d when I stopped working and 39w 4d when he was born. I went back to work after three weeks bc I had no paid time off.

With my second, I worked until the day before. I was off 7 weeks with him bc I had saved my paid time off for the event.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I moved two weeks before having ds so I stopped working the day before I moved. I started working when ds was 2 months.
andrea96
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

With my first, I worked until 39 weeks 4 days, which was the day before I was induced. I was off about 6 weeks.

With my second, I worked until 40 weeks 2 days, which was 2 days before I delivered. I was off about 8 weeks that time.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

DD came 4 weeks early, so I wasn't on maternity leave yet.  I hadn't even really decided when I would stop working.  I was out for 6 weeks.  But I did a little work from home to help out.  I have a great company that allowed me short days as needed when I returned to work.  Even now, it's easy to take a day when DD is sick.  They know I don't take advantage, so it's really easy and a nice little perk.

honeydewmommy
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I work at home, so I worked even when I was in labor rofl, then I went to the hospital when my contractions got closer. 

then tool my Maternity leave that day I he was born for 6 weeks 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

We had (finally, after 6 months!!) closed on our house on a Tuesday.  Wednesday, my FIL painted her room, Saturday DH and FIL put her furniture together.  Nothing else in the house was ready.  I had everything scheduled for the following Tuesday (movers, electrician, plumber, alarm company, fridge delivery, etc.).  She was born the Sunday after we got her room done.  DH had to go back and forth from hospital to the house because everything was scheduled.  It was a crazy mess. 

Quoting cjsmom1:

I moved two weeks before having ds so I stopped working the day before I moved. I started working when ds was 2 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)