Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do any of you actually like your job?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 63 Replies
Is it too far fetched to want a job that you like? Maybe everyone hates their jobs as much as I hate mine. Or maybe I am just too whiney.

I feel like the guy from the movie office space, "So I was sitting in my cubicle today and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Sometimes I wish I'd get in a car accident or something. Maybe I'd get hurt, & would have a valid reason to take off. I love my family & things at home are good, but work is bad. I have a lot of bosses, they don't regularly reprimand people. Instead they cuss you out & make you feel like a maggot. I work my ass off in a physically & mentally stressful position & have literally put my blood, sweat, & tears into it. I don't think I'm cut out for this place.

**Please don't bash. I see I'm being pretty whiney, if you don't like it please move on to the next post. I just needed a place to vent. Dh just keeps telling me to quit so I'm looking elsewhere, but haven't found another job yet.***
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeydewmommy
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Well there are days I have really really bad days, but in general I actually love my job. There are days when I can't imagine doing anything else. And there are days where I pull my hair out, mainly because of stupid people in my office. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I've gotten to the point that I dread going to work. It's not that it's physically or even mentally demanding but I'm just tired of the politics we deal with on a daily basis. Since I've been with my job we've switched security companies twice (now on the 3rd in 7.5 years) and it seems like each has been worse than the last. It's hard to want to come to work when management seems like they could care less about anyone working under them.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I think it's important to like what you do, you spend so much time at work. I don't love what I do, it's ok.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
No bashing here. Back when I was a teacher I felt much like you did. I was so unbelievably miserable I would wish for a strike...an injury... ANYTHING that would provide a legit reason to not work. I'm the breadwinner so quitting was not an option.

I did manage to completely change careers & found something I'm passionate about & (most of the time) really love my job. Of course, if you read my other post "taking its toll" you'll see that it's not always roses & sunshine.

And that's the important thing to remember. Work IS work. It can often be hard. It's not always wonderful, which is why a healthy work-life balance is so critical. But if you can't find even ONE good day then it's time to investigate a new job/career.
aggiemom99
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I love what I do, but of course I have days I wish I did something else.  Actually, now that I think about, yesterday started out like one of those days, but around lunch time, something happened that picked the day back up. 

When I first finished my master's degree, I worked for 3.5 years in two different jobs that I really hated (same field, just different places).  I got sick and had to take a leave of absence, and while I was off, I realized my job was contributing to the problem and I had to get out.  I took a pretty severe pay cut to get into the area I wanted to be in, and I have never regretted it.  I've also managed to get my pay back up so it's over what I made back then.

mickstinator
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

It depends on the day. Some days I find it pretty rewarding. Other days I am just dying to be anywhere else.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I love my job.  If you have a job you love, going in isn't a bad thing.  I agree with your husband.  Keep looking for something you enjoy.  I wouldn't necessarily quit before you have something else lined up, though.  Head up, mama.  It will get better.

Mireya926
by Mire on May. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I do, I love the hrs, how close to home it is. I dont have to rush through traffic.

C12H22O11addict
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
While there are aspects I don't like about it, I do like my pay rate and overall its easy money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I like my job. Not every task or every day--no job is perfect. But in general, I like my work and I feel I'm appreciated and fairly compensated for what I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN